How many Funsters wash their Moho's on sites? (1 Viewer)

Jan 2, 2017
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starspirit
Exp
7 years
It always makes me chuckle when the sun is out, we are sitting outside the van planning the day and next door is titivating his outfit, be it motor home or caravan. Now, I do wash my van occasionally but not when I'm on vacation. Any other views.

Johnnyb

Free Member
Jan 21, 2015
Yorks/Derbys
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
I was gobsmacked to see a caravan owner hoovering the outside of their caravan at one site we stayed on. This was after they had spent a good two hours setting up after their arrival.

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
I may wash the windscreen if it's too bad, but that's it. It does amuse me to see folks getting out extending brushes etc and spending there holiday time cleaning the van. Suppose if you full time it may be a necessary at times.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
It always makes me chuckle when the sun is out, we are sitting outside the van planning the day and next door is titivating his outfit, be it motor home or caravan. Now, I do wash my van occasionally but not when I'm on vacation. Any other views.
You asked. Yes I do, find it therapeutic, rewarding and makes others sitting outside their dirty vans feel guilty!

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I have several motorhoming mates who wipe down their vans every morning when the dew/rain has been about.

Despite this, they are wonderful people and I love hanging out with them. ;)

JJ :cool:

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Not me...

JJ :cool:
You will be quite surprised at the number of people that start getting their buckets out after only 30 mins watching me. Then come over asking what wash, wax, cloths, brush etc I use. Then can I borrow your ladders.

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Wash you vans by all means if you have paid for the water.
But please don't do it on the Aries, as the next time you may find the water off.
As I have a 370 litre water tank I feel no remorse using a bucket of my own water transported with me to clean off the bugs in a car park Aire or whatever.

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
I've been known to wash, polish & wax bits of my van when we travel. Sometimes I'm feeling restless and want to do something physical when the rest of the crew are feeling lazy. I prefer to see our MH shiny and it helps when removing dead flies etc. from the bonnet if it is waxed.

I tend to do a panel at a time and only require a cup of water to get the panel clean. I don't bother if the vehicle is very muddy / dusty.

Jan 29, 2014
Scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache
Exp
July 2013
As I have a 370 litre water tank I feel no remorse using a bucket of my own water transported with me to clean off the bugs in a car park Aire or whatever.
What I mean is I have seen folk getting there hosepipe out on the free Aries in hot countries where water is scarce.
And the locals look after their water.

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
You will be quite surprised at the number of people that start getting their buckets out after only 30 mins watching me. Then come over asking what wash, wax, cloths, brush etc I use. Then can I borrow your ladders.

LADDERS, :Eeek: you carry ladders, must have a BIG rig.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Some people don't have the opportunity to clean there van, perhaps it's in storage and don't have the drive/space to wash it from their homes and getting to a site with all the space it's a good opportunity to clean...:)

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Beginning to think I've joined a mucky lot club...:Eeek:

I must be posh...:giggler:

OP
OP
Foxy1956
Jan 2, 2017
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starspirit
Exp
7 years
Wow! Great cross section of replies. I'll let JC know. Lol.

Feb 17, 2017
Herefordshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
A Bit
I have plenty of room and loads of water to clean it but unfortunately I am also bone idle, my wife did once spill some wine on the floor and I spent several hours licking it up (waste not want not) does that count as cleaning?:wine:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Only wash it on site if windscreen or mirrors are dirty or some bird has pooed on it, apart from that no and wouldn't do the full thing no matter how dirty it is. I normally wash the van within a week of coming home from any trip.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back