How many Funster's live in France? (1 Viewer)

D

DL42846

Deleted User
Thought it might be nice to find out how many funster's live in France and in which region. Might be a good excuse to arrange a meet up at some point.

We live in the Rhone Alps region of the Loire. Our department code is 42260.
We have been here coming up to 20 years. My wife ( Chantal ) is French but I don't hold that against her.
We live outside a small village. we have 6 acres of land with room to meet up with other funster's There are a couple of good aires within a thirty minute drive.
In Roanne http://www.campercontact.com/en/fra...oanne/2232/motorhome-parking-roanne-port.aspx .
and at lake de Villrest http://www.parcdelaplage.fr/
There are others but these are two nice ones.

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
We are also in the Haute Vienne 87150 in a little hamlet called Fougeras near to Oradour sur Vayres and we also love it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
We live in Manche, in Basse-Normandie (50), down at the south-eastern end, near the border with the Orne département.

One place in the village with plenty of parking - another place outside a small town, 6/7 kms.away with land.

Couple of aires close-by, one with water/elec. a couple of K away, and one in Mortain 10k away (water/toilets but no elec., but by the municipal campsite.

Apr 29, 2014
Warwickshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Chieftain
Exp
Since 2004
We are moving to Chalais in March so be good to meet up Funster meet at Twin Lakes September which is great fun

OP
OP
D

DL42846

Deleted User
Quite a few, to see who.. Just click on the menu item up top called "Map" or click here Link Removed (y)
Didn't know we had that feature . How do we get on there. I seem to be missing?

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Didn't know we had that feature . How do we get on there. I seem to be missing?

If ever you are stuck about how to do something, check out the FAQ. That is Frequently Asked Questions. You can find the link to the FAQ at the bottom right of every page of the site. Adding yourself to the map is pretty easy. Broken Link Removed Look for the question How can I add myself to the Funster Map (y) Shout up here if you need any further help.

OP
OP
D

DL42846

Deleted User
If ever you are stuck about how to do something, check out the FAQ. That is Frequently Asked Questions. You can find the link to the FAQ at the bottom right of every page of the site. Adding yourself to the map is pretty easy. Broken Link Removed Look for the question How can I add myself to the Funster Map (y) Shout up here if you need any further help.
Got it

Reactions: Jim
Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
I somehow thought there'd be more than that. I guess there's many more that have temporary abodes in France.

Jul 29, 2014
Norfolk and Correze, France
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Had one for 5 years many moons ago. Now starting again.
We have just started the process of getting papered up as permanent residents after retiring in July. That's presuming Brexit doesn't get us thrown out!!
Have owned our French house for 16 years.
Yet to buy our motorhome as too many other things to sort out first. We will eventually get one.
As you can see in my signature we are in La Correze. Department 19.

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Yah
We have just started the process of getting papered up as permanent residents after retiring in July. That's presuming Brexit doesn't get us thrown out!!
Yet to buy our motorhome as too many other things to sort out first. We will eventually get one.
another Corrézien :)

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Yah
another Corrézien :)

Apr 28, 2013
Alentejo,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since the '80,s
We live in the Charente between Poitiers and Angouleme,I have done so for fifteen years and my beloved a few less,however spending more time in Portugal now for old bones reasons.
Would be interested in a meet sometime.
Sold a car once to the guy who owns Twin Lakes but have always been in PT when meets are there :rolleyes:!!

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
We have a house in Brittany and spend half our time living there, the rest travelling in our van, we sold our house in Kent earlier this year and only go back to Blighty to see friends and family.

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
We are on the boarder of Herault 34 and Aude 11 in the Black Mountains in the middle of (probably) the best wine country in the world less than £5 a gallon. We don't appear on the map either @Jim so must investigate that. Been here ten years and still struggle with the language. But am fluent in the wine! Would love a meet but tend to go south to Spain rather than north of the Massif Central.
Steve

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
I just looked at that map and there is another funster 100 yards away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! never looked on there before, didn't know it existed.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Why don't you Francophiles start a Broken Link Removed. You can arrange meets and stuff really easily then (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back