How many and why

Discussion in 'Rally Planning Discussion and Chat' started by Wildman, Oct 10, 2009.

1. Wildman

Wildman Read Only Funster

How many shows/rallies and meets do you attend in a year and why.
    Do you include a meet as part of a longer trip.
    If I were to host a rally in Ilfracombe what would tempt you to attend.:Cool::Wink:

2. vwalan

vwalan Funster

wild women n song.
    done 1 m,home meet.1 landrover .1 vw.1 mazda bongo bash.2 m,bike. struggle for time. yes try n do a long run as well ,kill two birds with one stone.
    do like ilfracombe used topark along the coast near a donkey sanctuary years ago with
    hot water in the carpark toilets. whooopeee. cheers alan.
    ps. might have been near lee bay i think.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2009
  3. Bigwiz

Bigwiz Read Only Funster

I think we would come if there was some entertainment or fun stuff like quiz night etc.

Level hard standing and an electric hook-up would also be nice.:BigGrin:

4. Losos

Losos Read Only Funster

Well Roger, the one thing that would really tempt me to attend would be having a bleeding MH to atten IN :Rofl1:

Seriously, there are are a couple of people on a different forum who've invited me down to Devon and so a visit to a meet in Ilfracombe would interest me, could it be around the end of July or early August ??? or even latter in the year.

Oh and to answer your question - this year two (Carmarthen and Peterborough) mainly to look at MH's and accessories.

5. dellwood33

dellwood33 Read Only Funster

We are planning to include a few shows next year as part of a long tour of the UK & Scotland, so Ilfracombe could figure in our plans.:Smile:
    We have been to a few this season, mostly to see what is available to make things easier, but also to meet kindred spirits. I learned a lot this year from just asking other motorhomers & met some very friendly Funsters into the bargain.
    Now that we know the crack for these events, we will be more prepared next year and have plentiful supplies of Barbeque fodder & alcoholic beverages :)

6. wasp

wasp Funster

I would come but at 300 miles it would have to be more than a weekend say 4 or 5 days:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:Good idea Roger!!!!!!!

7. Hayleylulu

Hayleylulu

:thumb::thumb: we will come as we had a lovely time with you as shepton mallet

8. Landy lover

Landy lover Funster

Maybe a bit of music - a BBQ - a beer or two - not enough for people to become paralytic- mostly a rally is an opportunity to meet and natter with a lot of like minded people - been on two this year had a great time - no great costs but good company and plenty of laughs

A site where is does not matter if your unit is 10ft long or 40ft long - whether its this years model or 20 years old - it does not matter if its pink - yellow - white or green Its the people in them that makes a rally

we have already booked for 3 rallies next year - will always try and take our time to go there and then move on - can always add more - when are you thinking of :thumb:

9. Taran_Las

Taran_Las Funster

We had a rally in Barnstaple Tescos:Rofl1:

Regards

Phil

10. hogan

hogan Read Only Funster

Never been to a meet or rally,rare as hens dentures here in Spain.But I do come to combe twice a year will be there again in mid December.
    Still trying to sell my house and move back to blighty so I can come to these meets and rallys.:BigGrin:

11. old-mo

old-mo Funster Extra Special Life Member

I`ll have some of that please "Roger" as long as it is after mid April,, And near a winery or off-license. :thumb:

12. Ambilkate

Ambilkate Funster Life Member

Hi Roger,
    We dont need tempting:thumb: If you do arrange a meet put us on the list.
    PS, Bill said he could bring his slo gin and damson gin he made last year for you to try . Also, we have been given the biggest marow i have ever seen do you or any funtsers out there know how to make or have made marrow rum ?

13. Wildman

before we can confirm a meet, there is a small matter of planning and a matter of getting a passing RV to test the access to make sure it has enough clearance without a lot of messing about. So if any of you guys or gals with a large RV is heading in our general direction and could try it out for us do please let me know. Thanks. actual entrance is 19ft wide but the road is quite narrow just two lanes and little verge. Cheyne got in OK with his American travel trailer and a tag axle Hymer made it before the entrance was even widened. Still have a lot of fencing to sort out but am getting there.

14. haganap

haganap Funster Life Member

Roger,
    I would be tempted by a strip club and free spirits,

a purpose built ski run and beach with some good surf all within walking distance.

however failing that some good company and appropriate dates might just might tempt me.

15. Taran_Las

Taran_Las Funster

:Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1: All within walking distance:Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

16. Dodgey

Dodgey Funster

Hi Roger,

After Shepton we are planning a few more next year, Camarthen, hopefully Stratford, Malvern and Shepton again, subject to timings etc and we're hoping with the likes of Camarthen to carry on as it were for a week (ish).
    As to Ilfracombe, like most I suspect, timing would be the key though we do keep talking about getting 'down that way', and as to access, you should have seen last weekends access game:Eeek:

Winne fitted but her mirrors didn't, still made it in and out though and no damage, and I left the pubs plumbing as found, that tight I though we'd have it all off thier wall:Eeek:

17. TinaGlenn

TinaGlenn Read Only Funster

Our little van had no problem with your gate so the wider access will be great.:thumb:

Depending on dates we would love to come and join you, some lovely dog walks around there for the mad mutts too.

Tina

18. JJ

JJ Funster

Despite going to motorhome shows for decades, this summer was the first time I have joined in with Funsters' meets. I really, really enjoyed it and am looking forward to doing more next summer.

The date is the thing that influences me most and, as I love buying nonsense (this year it was loads of LED strip lighting!), if the meet is at a show with loads of dealers all the better.

JJ

19. Theonlysue

Theonlysue Funster Life Member

Illfracombe

Just name the date ! :thumb: Got a mate who lives near Sidmouth who would probably come as well.

Looking forward,

S.

20. Wildman

Woolacombe beach is an international Surfing venue, only 3 miles down the road. You are welcome to strip in the field we are all free spirits, hee hee. Pub with excellent carvery within walking distance, fantastic dog walks in all directions, Arlington court home of the the "Chichester" family less than 5 miles away, Barnstaple a medieval town with pannier market, Summer market held in a field about a mile away, clay pigeon shooting within walking distance, as is horse riding and quad bikes. Sea fishing all around the coast, trout fishing on a couple of local lakes. What more could you ask for.