How long would my gas last in winter? (1 Viewer)

Nov 3, 2016
Derbyshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph
Exp
Since 2016
I tried the search function to no avail so sorry if this is asked to death.

I have two Gas bottles on my Swift 696. Both Calor Propane. Main is 6KG and back up is 3.9KG

Obviously in winter we are more likely to use the heating more and probably a mix or Gas and EHU to get the thing up to temperature and then switch to EHU only to maintain.

Add in Breakfast and an evening meal cook how long would you expect to get through the 6KG bottle?

Also can you use either Propane and Butane if you had both to hand or would you have to change anything over first?

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
LPG certainly looks the way forward. Love the external fill points so I can just whack it in at the garage when I fill the diesel up.

Will have to look at costs v purse strings next summer. Awening is going to rob the first big upgrade purchase first.
Morning, where in gods country are you? We had an underslung tank fitted by Autogas 2000 in Thirsk. It is an expensive upgrade but having had it for a while now it was definitely worth it. LPG is so much cheaper from filling stations and you will gain a locker.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
davidathomas42
Nov 3, 2016
Derbyshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph
Exp
Since 2016
@davidathomas42 We find Towsure best value for many things( and love there cheap cafe!) and just down the hill!
As many said Propane gas and we've gone for the light weight bottles. In winter we tend to use E H on sites but I France in the summer on Aires we only used half a tank. For 3 weeks .
Hope your first weekend went well!

Hi Anthea

We have been to Towsure a couple of times and are seriously considering the Vango Cruz awning
<Broken link removed>
Its a driveway type and has inflatable poles so easy and lazy to use which hopefully means we can use it more.

Its more the missis driving it to be fair. She wants it for the longer trips in France etc when were pitched up for a weeks holiday rather than just the odd single night runs to get away from the world. As they say happy wife happy life so ill be accommodating the purchase.

Re our first night. Was just about to write a quick review of how we got on so watch this space. Or should I say the new thread I am about to start.

Dave

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back