Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
My new (delivered yesterday) Elecsols are reading 12.40v and it says to charge before use to 12.80

I am using a 3.3 amp trickle charger and checking with my multimeter..

I could use the big charger that is 18 amps and has a boost to start a car.. but I did not want to fire large amount in tot he batteries.

But OK which do i use and if it is the first how long is it going to be before I can install them fully charged... there are two.

I have a sterling inverter / charger that will soon bring them up to the level.. but as I use a NASA BM1 I need to set that knowing I have a full charge in the batteries using the other areas it ask for to calculate the continue use..

Bob:cry:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
At 3.3 amp per hr 24 hours should see one battery on full charge so two will take 48 hrs
Why not stick the big charger on @ 12 hrs each :thumb:
How big a charger is the van one?after all that will be doing the charging in future :winky:
terry

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Hi Bob, your Sterling unit will sort all that out for you, so simply install them and let the smart charger work it all out

Cheers

Eddie

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Thanks Eddie

Hi Bob, your Sterling unit will sort all that out for you, so simply install them and let the smart charger work it all out

Cheers

Eddie

Thanks Eddie, I was reading the warranty card before I sent it off.. and I did check the current charge state on them... just being careful.

Will do as you suggest and let the Sterling do the work.

Regards.. and thanks

Bob

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back