how long do i charge leisure battery? (1 Viewer)

russT25

Free Member
Mar 8, 2012
Wolverhampton
Funster No
MH
VWT25
Exp
1 hour
how long do i need to charge leisure battery ? my van has a mains battery charger permanently fixed inside a cupboard. This needs to be manually plugged into mains socket inside van i.e when hooked up via campsite or power lead at home.the fact that it needs plugging in makes me think that once charged fully it may cause damage to the battery or charger if not removed from mains power.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
It depends on how big the battery is 75amp/hr or 110amp/hr and the charging rate of your charger. As a general rule if you plan on charging for up to 48 hrs allowing for a small charger of say 4amp you should be fine. As you say it plugs into a socket rather than built in, it sounds like a domestic type charger rather than the 20+ amp chargers built into modern vans

If you give a few more details it would be easy to give a better figure.

Oh and dont forget to check electrolyte level before charging if its not a sealed type

OP
OP
R

russT25

Free Member
Mar 8, 2012
Wolverhampton
Funster No
MH
VWT25
Exp
1 hour
thanks for your information big1

i have a massive pile of paperwork and user manuals that came with the van but unfortunately i don't have one for the battery charger. I will take a look to see if there is any information regarding rating etc, on the charger itself. this is all totally new to me and I'm trying to work out how everything works before i take the van on a trip so as not to get any nasty surprises.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back