Bobndebs McKay

Free Member
Jul 15, 2014
Bali for the Winter!! Back in Feb 2016
Funster No
MH
Hobby 750 FMSE
Exp
5 months travelling Through France, Spain, Portugal, Germany and Holland as a Full timer in our firs
It's ingrained in my mind, I might forget phone numbers but my service number, never, sad or what. (y)

David, I too can reel off my Service Number in my sleep. My father served 37 years too, and as kids we learnt his as we did not have ID cards, so if you went anywhere on camp, you reeled off his Service Number. Mine begins C 829. His begins U 314 a few years between us, but he was still serving a good while after I joined!

Bobndebs McKay

Free Member
Jul 15, 2014
Bali for the Winter!! Back in Feb 2016
Funster No
MH
Hobby 750 FMSE
Exp
5 months travelling Through France, Spain, Portugal, Germany and Holland as a Full timer in our firs
David, I too can reel off my Service Number in my sleep. My father served 37 years too, and as kids we learnt his as we did not have ID cards, so if you went anywhere on camp, you reeled off his Service Number. Mine begins C 829. His begins U 314 a few years between us, but he was still serving a good while after I joined!
C 8292429 and U 3143201, both RAF, Dad was a Fireman, I was (still am in Civvy street) a Sooty.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back