How good are Benimar Campers

Discussion in 'Benimar' started by Madcaravanner, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Madcaravanner

Madcaravanner Funster

OK
    First noticed these at Benicarlo when we drove past the factory in August

A couple of question for those of you who have them

1/ what's the build quality like
    2/ are they value for money

is there only one company selling them in the UK

Hope I can get some answers for our search for a nice M/H
    Money arrives March so we are relaxed well I am

2. Ratcatcher

Ratcatcher Funster

We have had a Mileo 243 for a few months now and are very pleased with it, only gripe is the table, which has a central fixed pillar and the top can swivel and slide, but it too low and you catch your thighs under it.
    As for build quality, I find it excellent, but as a 1st timer haven't got much to compare with.
    Good value for money, got quite a discount, lots of standard items which seem to be extra on other makes.
    Only Marquis selling them, but there are 11 branches.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Sheddy

Sheddy Funster

Passed the factory this morning, there were plenty of shiny new vans awaiting delivery. (y)
    Cheers
    Ed

• Like Like x 1
  4. Howard H

Howard H Funster Life Member

I have the mileo 294 and find the build quality good and they are really well equipped for the money . I have to agree with everything Ratcatchers says about them especially the table .

5. Baycott

Baycott Funster

Supposed to be a good van but the huge downside is that they are only sold in the U.K. by the Marquis group. Great for sales but failing miserably in after sales service.
    Best to import one from Spain. Would be cheaper too (y)

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Madcaravanner

Madcaravanner Funster

Amazing
    We are thinking of visiting Alegria Del Mar again next year and popping in to take a look at the factory whether or not we have got a M/H or not

• Like Like x 2
  7. DelMar

DelMar Funster

We have a Mileo 286 bought through Marquis of Tewkesbury, always found them good to deal with and at after sales too. Reading some complaints of different Marquis outlets and praises of others, seems to show standards do vary.
    We find the build quality good and most extras you have to pay for with other Marques, are all in the price with Benimar as standard.
    It is inevitable you will get a few little niggling things go wrong, but that applies to all makes, being hand built.

We are very pleased with our MH, so good luck whichever one you choose, I would advise going to the NEC to have a good look at all the Benimar models on display, they are good value.

Regards DelMar.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Huwmari

Huwmari Funster

We have had a Benimar Mileo 201 since April this year and are very pleased with it. The fixed bed with adjustable height, large kitchen worktop, good-size oven, roomy bathroom and huge garage, all within 6m length is amazing. Add in the spacious lounge seating and you have a very comfortable van which is parkable in most car parking spaces. The only real drawback is the table - we find it complicated and awkward to adjust. (Must get the book out and try a bit harder!) Since April we have done over 7000 miles (UK, France and Italy) and will clock up a few hundred more before the end of the year. The extras included in the price make it very good value. Our Marquis branch in Plymouth have given very good service although the van was delivered late. Order well ahead if you decide to have one.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ed Excel

Ed Excel Funster

We're on our second Benimar Mileo 202. Need I say more??

• Like Like x 1
  10. Tezza

Tezza Funster

Does that mean your first one fell apart and was replaced or happy and bought a newer model?

I'm guessing the second option as the build seems very good but never assume

11. Howard H

Howard H Funster Life Member

Our Benimar 294 is just 11 months old and we have only just had our first problem the reversing camera is just showing a blue screen nothing else but not to bothered as we had a better two lens version fitted . All in all very pleased with the van.

12. FIDGET

FIDGET Funster

the Tessoro range looks reasonable for the price ,similar to the Mileo range but with less extra's.