Mar 29, 2011
Rugby UK
Funster No
MH
C Class RS
Exp
A few facts

1. at the election parties make promises
2. after the election the real party in power, the civil service tell the government what it cannot do, it really is Yes Prime Minister !!
3. the vast majority of politicians have never worked in business for a living and thus are living in a fantasy world with no idea of reality. ie: the green agenda & overseas aid.
4. the government follow the EU to the letter other countries seem not to

:helptitanic:

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
The same with the motor cycle industry, the early Japs out shined the old triumph/BSA and AMC stables,look at Triumph to day most of the engineering is Japanese and assembled in the Uk

Not so, the development of Triumph is in Hinckley, the assembly has now moved to Thailand.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
How can a once great country fall into so much decline and ridicule ?.

Because we 'climbed into bed' with the idiots from Brussels Dave, no other explanation unless you blame the various trade unions in the 70's and 80's.

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Not so, the development of Triumph is in Hinckley, the assembly has now moved to Thailand.

the development yes,BUT MOST parts we're made in JAPAN and assembled in Hinckley ie most of the engine, electrics, wheels etc, My Brother Alan was on the development team and worked for Triumph Motor cycles, i Have the 1st triumph America bonniville that belonged to my Brother as a gift from Triumph,as he had to leave the industry on medical grounds and passed away 1 year later, and i rode the bike back to sweden in a charity raising campaign for the Uks Hospice organisation, i hope this as put some true light on this FACT.

Microchip

Free Member
Apr 8, 2012
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2005
Maybe not Dave, but StitchUp isn't far off the mark.

Larby also has a very valid point, and (hands up) one that I am guilty of myself, because I don't trust any of them to do the job properly, ie, for the people and their nation, and not for themselves, so why should I vote for them. Well, change for me is about, as on the next elections I will be voting, but it certainly won't be for any of the big three. :Angry:'

Cheers,

Jock.
And I will certainly be voting UKIP

Keith :Smile:

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
the development yes,BUT MOST parts we're made in JAPAN and assembled in Hinckley ie most of the engine, electrics, wheels etc, My Brother Alan was on the development team and worked for Triumph Motor cycles, i Have the 1st triumph America bonniville that belonged to my Brother as a gift from Triumph,as he had to leave the industry on medical grounds and passed away 1 year later, and i rode the bike back to sweden in a charity raising campaign for the Uks Hospice organisation, i hope this as put some true light on this FACT.

I did say assembled in Thailand.

My neighbour works for them as do a number of other people on my estate, they are often on a flight to Thailand, they were really worried at one time that the whole lot was going to to overseas.

beachcaster

Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
come the general election WHO will you all still VOTE FOR , the same old crowd, the tory, labour or the benders again. :cry: :Sad: :Doh:

Well given that the biggest issue facing the country is the economy and that we are a member of the EU the most corrupt evil dictatorship since Stalin.........( now happy to steal saver's money )
I shall be voting UKIP and trying to convince as many sane people as I can to do the same...In the hope that we can once again start to rule our own country.

barry

beachcaster

Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
But ultimately it is management's job to manage. They did not get the workers on side.

Whereas the Germans did just this.

Always them and us. Clearly visible in FUN even now.

Well said Brian.....but are you one of "us" or one of "them"
I've always seen myself as one of the "others" in the nicest possible way.

barry:Smile:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
i think wildman as the right idea .the downfall was actually the first world war. mill owners etc then found cheap labour abroad .and general industrialists . all took the work abroad. also the average british worker is lazy and a shirker.
immigrants are allowed in because as we gave up our empire we left them the rights to a british passport. this again started years ago ,way before the 70s,etc.
austin cars were being made in many countries. in the 30,s by wartburg under licence for bmw.in the 40s in japan by nissan.
lots of japan and chinese companies have uk and eu partners .have for years .
plus we controlled what the countries in the empire did or sold .
meat ,tinned goods etc was controlled by the lord vesty group for years .controlled new zealand and australian products plus south african and south american products . just look back in industrial history its all there.
workers and management are equal in blame .
self employed rules in my book.

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
:ROFLMAO: when I worked at a coal mine all the union's were only in it for the fiddles they could sort out for them self's ie cheap morgages through the unions,nicking overtime, time off for crappy union courses and meetings about anything, and anything else that they could think of to dodge work a right useless bunch no wonder the management had trouble with them :ROFLMAO:

But what were the conditions in the pits before the Unions. Health and Safety non existent , wages rubbish, no pensions, no showers etc etc. Busby.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I find it difficult to link sanity with Ukip in any way but then I know very little...

I am so ignorant in these matters that I still believe that Blighty is one of the wealthiest countries of the world but some of its citizens relish in moaning and griping and over looking all the good in their lives...:thumb:

And frankly I don't give a monkey's about what others think of the country...

JJ:Cool:

Last edited:

Momo

Free Member
Sep 19, 2008
Valencia City, Spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie.
In 1887 Alexander Tyler, a Scottish history professor at the University of Edinburgh,
had this to say about the fall of the Athenian Republic some 2,000 years earlier :

"A democracy is always temporary in nature; it simply cannot exist as a permanent form of government. A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury.

From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates who promise the most benefits from the public treasury, with the result that every democracy will finally collapse over loose fiscal policy, (which is) always followed by a dictatorship."

"The average age of the world's greatest civilizations from the beginning of history, has been about 200 years. During those 200 years, these nations always progressed through the following sequence:

From bondage to spiritual faith;
From spiritual faith to great courage;
From courage to liberty;
From liberty to abundance;
From abundance to complacency;
From complacency to apathy;
From apathy to dependence;
From dependence back into bondage."

Looks like he was right!

Last edited:

Sam and Viv

Free Member
Sep 1, 2010
fife
Funster No
MH
hi-top
Exp
of-on with caravans-40yrs
We are doomed

I,m not into bondage :ROFLMAO:

FULL TIMER

Free Member
May 31, 2012
NORWICH
Funster No
MH
SELF BUILT IVECO 75E17
Exp
BEEN BUILDING THEM FOR 32 years
come the general election WHO will you all still VOTE FOR , the same old crowd, the tory, labour or the benders again. :cry: :Sad: :Doh:
If possible and if there is a candidate in my area I have no doubt that I will vote BNP as well as help with leafleting and canvassing etc and if there isn't one in my area I will help out in the nearest area to me where there is.

Momo

Free Member
Sep 19, 2008
Valencia City, Spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie.
Following on from previous post and regarding the USA:

The Obituary follows:

Born 1776 Died 2012 [ It doesn't hurt to read this several times ].

Professor Joseph Olson of Hamline University School of Law in St. Paul, Minnesota, points out some interesting facts concerning the last Presidential election:

Number of States won by: Obama: 19 Romney: 29
Square miles of land won by: Obama: 580,000 Romney: 2,427,000
Population of counties won by: Obama: 127 million Romney: 143 million
Murder rate per 100,000 residents in counties won by: Obama: 13.2 Romney: 2.1

Professor Olson adds: "In aggregate, the map of the territory Romney won was mostly the land owned by the taxpaying citizens of the country. Obama territory mostly encompassed those citizens living in low income tenements and living off various forms of government welfare..."

Olson believes the United States is now somewhere between the "complacency and apathy" phase of Professor Tyler's definition of democracy, with some forty percent of the nation's population already having reached the "governmental dependency" phase.

If Congress grants amnesty and citizenship to twenty million invaders called illegals - and they vote - then we can say goodbye to the USA in fewer than fifteen years.

And maybe even less for the UK!

We are definitely back into bondage with the EU!

Last edited:

FULL TIMER

Free Member
May 31, 2012
NORWICH
Funster No
MH
SELF BUILT IVECO 75E17
Exp
BEEN BUILDING THEM FOR 32 years
If they did we would be right in the doggy do as there is no where to put them, as they left the government saw fit to fill the space with all and sundry from all manor of primitive or third world countries

Jan 27, 2009
Leyland Lancs
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2001
I find it difficult to link sanity with Ukip in any way but then I know very little...

I am so ignorant in these matters that I still believe that Blighty is one of the wealthiest countries of the world but some of its citizens relish in moaning and griping and over looking all the good in their lives...:thumb:

JJ:Cool:

Most of the people in North Korea think the same about their country as well:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Momo

Free Member
Sep 19, 2008
Valencia City, Spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie.
Bloody hell does this mean yanks will send our our lot back home

Hope so! When our lot left it was called "The Brain Drain" and if they return that can only be good for us. :thumb:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Although I always vote at elections ( both local and national ) even I now find myself struggling to get motivated to do so.

It matters not what flavour your politics is, all MP's are controlled by the grey men behind the scenes.. They may not be SEEN to be in control but new MP's are effectively conditioned in to taking certain paths. ( this is not hearsay or lunatic conspiracy theory but a statement I make based on direct personal experience )

So as much as I agree we must ( should anyway ) all vote, I am really starting to lean towards and sympathise with those that do not bother..

Worse still, it is not only our politicians who are not so much bent as looking out for their own main chance, but politicians all over the world..

I cannot offer any sensible suggestions as to how to 'cure' the problem ( I should think far greater minds than mine have pondered the question throughout the ages ) but I and many more like me now recognise what is happening and many folk are becoming more and more dispondant with what I ( and I am sure others ) view as a bunch of low life gansters masquerading as the good guys, interspersed with the occasional genuinely driven honest people .. people who are in such a small minority they cannot hope to change the system and generally get shuffled sideways in to obscurity if they do not follow the others and become just one more pariah on the world

Daveo2006

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
The main points of ridicule seem to come from the way we encourage immigrants by our housing policy and the way we dish out money to these people who are seen to travel half way round the world to sit on our doorstep when we have now little or no industry to find them employment. They know we needed immigrant workers years ago to keep the cotton and coal industries going, but now there is no work they cannot understand why we still encourage them to come. I most be honest and have to say I did not have an answer :Doh:

It seems who ever is in power is trying to sink us,it wont be long.:roflmto: UKIP in my house,thats if they want to continue living here , he he he.

Last edited:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Most of the people in North Korea think the same about their country as well:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

North Korea has never done any harm to me...:winky::Smile:

The only snippets I have heard about the place come from the media in the "free" capitalist "West". :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

The establishment people who really hold the power need the sheep like masses to believe there is a viable and immediate threat so the arms suppliers can continue to make trillions.

JJ :Cool:

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
It seems who ever is in power is trying to sink us,it wont be long.:roflmto: [HI]UKIP in my house[/HI],thats if they want to continue living here , he he he.

Good evening, let's have a chat then I'll meet you all at Peterborough.

Attachments

• FUN.jpg
    FUN.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 23
OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Well, well. I did not intend for this thread to turn into a political one. If I thought it would I would not have started it. I am not and never have been a political animal, as am of the belief that whatever government is in power, they will not give a damn about my thoughts, wants or needs. This is not a recent thing with me, as I always was of that belief. I have never been in a union in my life as I have never been employed by another man, so cannot comment on what they do or did, right or wrong. I dont think its all past or present governments fault that our once great country is no longer what it was nor do I think its entirely the unions fault. I think our generation has to take some of the blame for as Wildman quite rightly said. We wanted to much to quickly and to cheaply, without any thought as to buying goods manufactured in our own country. During the property boom years I many times heard people say how many thousands they had made on the sale of a house that cost a few hundred only a couple of years earlier, but in actual fact they made nothing as the next property they bought had also doubled in price. Many people lost all value of money and it became like the board game Monopoly. If they had to count out that money on a table, would they still have paid £100,000 for something that cost a couple of thousand only a short time earlier, I wonder. I am possibly wrong but the way I see it is that the rot started when property was going up in value by hundreds of pounds each week. People finished up owning property that they had paid hundreds of thousands for, but in actual fact were only worth a few grand.

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
It's certainly true that any government bases it's policies on a maximum 5 year plan, as they are seeking to get re-elected within 5 years.

No economy can grow based on such short-termism, so maybe we need to look at an alternative.

Republics tend not to have this problem as there is more than one legislature.

Maybe it's time to admit that, though we are considered to be the birth place of Democracy, we do need to change.

Yes, we can have a Monarch, with a President and still be a democracy.

Pete:Cool:

beachcaster

Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years

-------------------------------------------------

There speaks a man who if I understand it right lives in Portugal and very nice too..........a country that benefitted from huge piles of cheap money borrowed from the EU ......covered with lovely new roads and developments.......money that created an artificial living standard that they are now realise they cant afford.

In the UK we are not wealthy.We are broke...and what's more we have a duty to moan about the self serving polititians who continue to support the mad gravy train that is the EU.......the neglect these polititians show will be judged by history to be criminal...yes we should moan and gripe as much as we can till they are removed from office and we leave this club of deluded men ...the EU.

If you cant link sanity with UKIP which of their policies do you consider insane......and why?

barry

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back