How Easy Is It To You Tesco Vouchers On The Tunnel? (1 Viewer)

Sue

Aug 13, 2014
Suffolk. Near Bury st Edmunds
Funster No
MH
IH 600rl/rd
Exp
Like PVCs the best
Has anyone used tesco vouchers to book the tunnel. I believe you have to contact eurotunnel by phone to book? Do they insist you go at a certain time?
It looks like a great deal...or am I missing something?

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Y
Has anyone used tesco vouchers to book the tunnel. I believe you have to contact eurotunnel by phone to book? Do they insist you go at a certain time?
It looks like a great deal...or am I missing something?
Yes you ring them but you go when you like at the normal price

Reactions: Sue

greyman1

Free Member
Aug 7, 2011
manchester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
9 years motorhome / 10 years campervan
check times and price on eurotunnels own website first . convert vouchers to rewards at 3 times face value, book and away you go .!! regards garry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Rob e Lee

Free Member
Apr 16, 2012
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
We used them for the first time and yes you do have to phone, the only stipulation is to book 2 weeks in advance. It was very easy - our £30 in Tesco Vouchers was enough to cover £90 trip. Unfortunately we had to cancel our trip and thought we would lose our money but a phone call to the booking line informed us we could move it anytime within a year of original booking - subject to any variation in price at new time of travel.

I would definitely recommend.

Rob

Candapack

Free Member
Oct 16, 2014
Fife, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2013
Same experience as robelee - very easy, and good value. It's like getting across the Channel and back for free. :)

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
You can do it online

I don't think you can. As far as I know if you are using Tesco vouchers you have to book by phone. If this is incorrect please can you post more details or a link to the page that accepts voucher codes? It would be great if you could use the vouchers online but never been able to before.

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Really easy. As said above the vouchers can be converted on line then used to book with Eurotunnel by phone. We've done 5 crossings and haven't paid once! (y)

Poohbear

Free Member
May 18, 2015
Worcester
Funster No
MH
Swift Lifestlye 644
Exp
June 2015
Yes sorry I misled you. You log into your Tesco Clubcard account online and exchange your vouchers for a single Eurotunnel voucher and then you have to ring Eurotunnel to make the booking. Strange thing is I went over on a bike in May and I don't remember having to ring to book :unsure:

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Once you have your token codes, call Eurotunnel on 0844 8797088 to make your booking

You may prefer to use a landline number (which for most people will be considerably cheaper - free if you are on a mobile package or have anytime calls on your landline):
01303 282061.

I've been using the landline number for about 5 years now and there's no problem using it, unlike some companies who put on a recorded message telling you to phone "0844 number".

Denise

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Once you have your voucher codes from Tesco, you do this bit online of course, you just ring Eurotunnel and tell them which train you want to travel on and your relevant Tesco code. Have the date / time of train ready when you ring.

I'm embarrassed to say I got the travel date wrong (twice :X3:) and had to ring back to change our booking, the people on the phone are very efficient and polite.

You can't pay to take your dog with you with Tesco vouchers, have to use a debit / credit card for this.

Paul

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
We have been getting Tesco points for years.. Do not think they have ever been used !
BUT !
One of the reasons we have never used them is because we have NO idea how many points we have.. Once a year we get a load of vouchers through the door but no idea of points..

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
We have been getting Tesco points for years.. Do not think they have ever been used !
BUT !
One of the reasons we have never used them is because we have NO idea how many points we have.. Once a year we get a load of vouchers through the door but no idea of points..

You can register online using your Clubcard number then you can see exactly what you have. This is also how you exchange them for tunnel and all the various other vouchers.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I ended up foning them :)
Must say for someone who works for Tescos the guy was amazingly helpful !!!

Turns out all the time we have been using our Tesco credit card ( got SPECIFICALLY to collect points ) they have not been registering and all we have is £7 worth of points !!
He said sorry and linked the card with the old account, so hopefully, by the time we go to Spain next january we will have a worthwhile amount accrued !!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Some info:

Do NOT exchange your Tesco vouchers until you either have enough for your trip, or it is getting to the point where waiting will cost you a lot more (ie too near the date of travel).

You exchange your Tesco vouchers on-line via the Tesco clubcard website, and once you've exchanged some Tesco vouchers for a Travel Token (for Eurotunnel) it can only be used on its own, ie ONE Token per transaction - eg if you exchange them in dribs and drabs, such as £10 worth of Tesco vouchers for £30 of Travel Tokens this month, then another £10 worth next month etc, you will actually only be able to use one £30 Travel Token! This has been the case since they changed to emailing you with the voucher codes instead of sending them out in the post.

You won't get any further discount as they can't be used in conjunction with anything else and also if you have pets you have to pay for them by credit or debit card as the Travel Tokens cannot be used for this.

I also believe that you can only book a return crossing if you do it at the same time as an outward crossing, although I think you can do an outward crossing without a return crossing.

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
On a slightly different note I see Tesco are doing away with their fuel save scheme next month, hope the voucher deals will carry on.

Paul

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
I ended up foning them :)
Must say for someone who works for Tescos the guy was amazingly helpful !!!

Turns out all the time we have been using our Tesco credit card ( got SPECIFICALLY to collect points ) they have not been registering and all we have is £7 worth of points !!
He said sorry and linked the card with the old account, so hopefully, by the time we go to Spain next january we will have a worthwhile amount accrued !!
Hi John
Following on from your post thought I'd give Tesco a call to find out about our points situation.
First up, would totally agree with you about the staff attitude. Lady I spoke with couldn't be more helpful particularly as I hadn't a clue really about it.
Got our credit card about a year ago for same reason as yourself, Channel Tunnel opportunity, however we only use it, with one or two small exceptions, outwith Tesco so earn points at a lower rate on it (c25%).
OK, we pay everything (well almost) by this credit card and have racked up around £30 worth of vouchers within the intervening period. At current "Eurotunnel exchange rate" that gives us the outward leg of the trip to France (give or take).(y)
Long way around to get to the point (sorry:sleep:) but I don't remember having to do anything in particular to "register" the card to earn the points. Maybe I've got it wrong and a more experienced user may correct me but is it maybe worthwhile challenging Tesco on this? After all you may have enough points to take The Funsters on a freebie French Rally!:D

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Normally you would not have to , but we already had club cards which we used on VERY rare occasions..
I had to get the club card and the credit card linked :)

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Normally you would not have to , but we already had club cards which we used on VERY rare occasions..
I had to get the club card and the credit card linked :)

You'll have looked into so I'll probably be wrong but our credit card is also a Clubcard (has the number at bottom left) so does that not mean you have \ had a Clubcard account against that number?:unsure:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
yes and no..
We have had the club cards for ages.. It was only a few months ago we got the credit cards..
Linking them together is not automatic and you have to ring them to get it done :)

OP
OP
Sue

Sue

Aug 13, 2014
Suffolk. Near Bury st Edmunds
Funster No
MH
IH 600rl/rd
Exp
Like PVCs the best
You'll have looked into so I'll probably be wrong but our credit card is also a Clubcard (has the number at bottom left) so does that not mean you have \ had a Clubcard account against that number?:unsure:
Yes credit card has the club card number on the bottom , and points are added automatically every time the card is used.
Rang today to get vouchers for the tunnel, helpful staff at tesco and eurotunnel...a breeze !

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back