Jul 25, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
VW T5
Exp
Since 2010
Hi all

I've got a VW T5 LWB converted by Jerba into a Cromarty. I've only had it (as a converted van) since May but I love it already, and have had quite a few nights out in Scotland, Lincolnshire and an Alton Towers trip already. Off to France next week for a fortnight, and planning to get some decent mileage in.

Can anyone recommend a good site near Paris which has a rail link to the city? I'd prefer a proper site rather than an aire so as to get showers etc and perhaps a tad more security.

TIA

:thumb:

kickstart

Free Member
Dec 13, 2008
south yorkshire, Benidorm
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
4 years
We always use Camping International at Maisons- Laffitte,its a large no frills campsite in the north west Paris suburb,walking distance to the train station then a 20 min ride into the centre. :thumb:

OP
OP
S

Shuggyx

Free Member
Jul 25, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
VW T5
Exp
Since 2010
Thanks! They both look great, especially the Bois de Boulogne one - pretty much in Paris really.

:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
S

Shuggyx

Free Member
Jul 25, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
VW T5
Exp
Since 2010
Back from France, having stayed at the site recommended bu Loujess at the Bois de Boulogne (http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/de...asp?revid=6304).

We found it to be ideal. They run a frequent bus service to a nearby Metro/RER station, a lot of the staff speak excellent English, there is a shop and bar/restaurant on site.

On the downside some of the pitches are minute and are pretty much right outside the doors to the toilet blocks. Also, depending on where they put you you might be right next to a fairly main road.

That said, I would certainly stay here again. I'd request a pitch next to the river, and would pay for an additional tent whether I wanted it or not just to get a big pitch. I'd also recommend asking to be in the area of toilet block 1. It is a fair walk from the shop/bar/bus, but the facilities are almost new and far, far better than the other older blocks. Sit-down toilets in every cubicle, for example.

Thanks for the tip, Loujess! :thumb:

Incidentally, the other place we stayed that I would wholeheartedly recommend is the Camping Moulin St Anne at Villegly, just outside Carcassonne (http://www.moulindesainteanne.com/). Very nice, family run site with a pool. Brilliant.

Hugh

whatta

Free Member
Aug 21, 2010
Scotland, but on the move
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2001
Welcome to the club, Shuggy.

Stayed on that site at Villegly for a week in June 2007. Agree - good clean well-run site in a lovely area near to the wonderful Carcassonne.

Is the village looking prosperous? The Les Seniorales complex should be up and running by now. Semi bungalows were being advertised for about £120,000 in the complex - club house, Internet, swimming pool etc, but only for us wrinklies!!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back