Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
How do you stop the TV on the jointed arm stop moving about when you're driving? At the moment we've got a bungee cord going from a cupboard door to a grab handle but it's not ideal.
Also ...
How do you manage all the cables from the back of the TV and other electrical bits and pieces from taking up the limited amount of space on the surfaces?
I'm really trying to get more organised so looking forward to great ideas.

Philb

Free Member
Aug 3, 2011
Carmarthen Wales
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Not much help, but our arm clicks shut and spare cable is through the wall and into the wardrobe...

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
I wonder whether a picture of the setup you have might prompt some suggestions?

Wyn

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Mags52

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
Not much help, but our arm clicks shut and spare cable is through the wall and into the wardrobe...

I haven't tried pushing the arm to a closed position - will do so today. Our TV is over a cupboard next to the fixed bed so you've given me an idea. We can put the cable under the bed. ::bigsmile: Fantastic! I'll get one of those net holders and fix it to the underbed box on the inside. Brilliant - thank you!

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
We used some elasticated velcro straps from a cheap hardware store costing about a pound for three - actually bought three lots as they are great for keeping cables and the like together as well.

On ours, we don't drill any holes as we like it original. So what we did was to remove a screw from the shelf behind and attachd the centre of the strap there, one each side and then they attach toether across the tv - been working fine for years, and can be removed if required later.

Another option would be to remove the bracket and tv, fold up and drill a hole through enabling ou to drop a long 'locking' bar down to stop it unfolding.

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
we have ours tightened up (nuts)

We have a 26" on a left right up and down Argos swing arm.. the tv sits inside the cut out above the cab.. I just tighten up the nuts and all the cable is behind it.. never moves.. have travelled all over europe and it stays in place.. the swing arms was expensive and well made and designed to stop the TV moving about when locked up.

But as suggested a photo may be helpful

Bob

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
How do you stop the TV on the jointed arm stop moving about when you're driving? At the moment we've got a bungee cord going from a cupboard door to a grab handle but it's not ideal.
Also ...
How do you manage all the cables from the back of the TV and other electrical bits and pieces from taking up the limited amount of space on the surfaces?
I'm really trying to get more organised so looking forward to great ideas.

We have the tv at the front on a swinging arm bracket. I keep a small Allen key in the cutlery drawer. Just give the bolts on the bracket a quick tweak every now and then, to tighten the Allen Bolts before traveling. It does not move whilst travelling. :thumb:

OP
OP
Mags52

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
We have the tv at the front on a swinging arm bracket. I keep a small Allen key in the cutlery drawer. Just give the bolts on the bracket a quick tweak every now and then, to tighten the Allen Bolts before traveling. It does not move whilst travelling. :thumb:

Fixed! The Allen bolt was loose. Thanks Callum!
I have found a place to stash the cables too.
You guys are great.
Thanks everyone.
Mags

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back