How do you ... ??

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Mags52, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Mags52

Mags52 Funster

How do you stop the TV on the jointed arm stop moving about when you're driving? At the moment we've got a bungee cord going from a cupboard door to a grab handle but it's not ideal.
    Also ...
    How do you manage all the cables from the back of the TV and other electrical bits and pieces from taking up the limited amount of space on the surfaces?
    I'm really trying to get more organised so looking forward to great ideas.

2. Philb

Philb Read Only Funster

Not much help, but our arm clicks shut and spare cable is through the wall and into the wardrobe...

3. WynandJean

WynandJean Funster

I wonder whether a picture of the setup you have might prompt some suggestions?

Wyn

4. Mags52

Mags52 Funster

I haven't tried pushing the arm to a closed position - will do so today. Our TV is over a cupboard next to the fixed bed so you've given me an idea. We can put the cable under the bed. :BigGrin: Fantastic! I'll get one of those net holders and fix it to the underbed box on the inside. Brilliant - thank you!

5. rainbow chasers

rainbow chasers Read Only Funster

We used some elasticated velcro straps from a cheap hardware store costing about a pound for three - actually bought three lots as they are great for keeping cables and the like together as well.

On ours, we don't drill any holes as we like it original. So what we did was to remove a screw from the shelf behind and attachd the centre of the strap there, one each side and then they attach toether across the tv - been working fine for years, and can be removed if required later.

Another option would be to remove the bracket and tv, fold up and drill a hole through enabling ou to drop a long 'locking' bar down to stop it unfolding.

6. slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob Read Only Funster

we have ours tightened up (nuts)

We have a 26" on a left right up and down Argos swing arm.. the tv sits inside the cut out above the cab.. I just tighten up the nuts and all the cable is behind it.. never moves.. have travelled all over europe and it stays in place.. the swing arms was expensive and well made and designed to stop the TV moving about when locked up.

But as suggested a photo may be helpful

Bob

7. callumwa

callumwa Read Only Funster

We have the tv at the front on a swinging arm bracket. I keep a small Allen key in the cutlery drawer. Just give the bolts on the bracket a quick tweak every now and then, to tighten the Allen Bolts before traveling. It does not move whilst travelling. :thumb:

8. Mags52

Mags52 Funster

Fixed! The Allen bolt was loose. Thanks Callum!
    I have found a place to stash the cables too.
    You guys are great.
    Thanks everyone.
    Mags