Free Member
Nov 3, 2014
Brighton
Funster No
MH
Class
Exp
10 years.. On and Off
Glad to hear all the positive comments, I don't think you will be traveling solo for long, keep the faith.

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
Think, if it were me, I would try to go on a convoy type trip. Or I would try to combine Motorhoming with an interest. Painting,fishing, dog agility, music school, festivals of some sort. It's where you can meet like minded people. Whatever you decide though, I hope you have a good time. (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaime

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
5 years
Maybe try travelling somewhere with another solo. Each with your own van but travelling together at first to somewhere you would both like to visit.

Tucano2, this sounds a good idea. I am down-sizing from my American RV to a smaller European MH so would be up for a tandem trip.

That way my dog wouldn't annoy you and breaking up would be so easy ... :imoutahere:

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
I second "get yerself a Dog" people will talk to you, not only fellow owners either.

When we lived in Riverhead, up on the hill there was this "guru", people with problems paid a huge amount of dosh to be "Treated" by this rooster, His advice was if you have probs talking to people , go down the hill to the local shop, dog owners tie their dogs up outside when they go into the shop. If you make a fuss of the canine, and, when the owner comes out! YOU, can have a yarn with him/her and , so, overcome your problem! Easypeezee innet!

Trouble was; when you went to get the Sunday Paper, and took the Dogs, when you came out from the shop, there were all sorts of weirdos fighting over who's gonna cuddle your Dogs !

Sep 22, 2014
Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Duetto
Exp
Since 2014
Hi Norman
I know how you felt so hope its going well. I'm starting my first trip next week on my own and as I've always been sailing previously with my husband it's daunting. However nothing ventured nothing gained, or so they say. Don't give up to soon. Chris

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back