How do we tell him he's not coming. (1 Viewer)

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Rightly so, they are family and should be included in your holiday. After all don't they deserve a holiday with all that devoted unconditional love they give as all year round.

Remember a dog is not just for christmas.

Now wheres the number for the RSPCA.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Don't forget to leave one of your worn sweaters in his bed to comfort him ... when he is breaking his little heart at night, throwing himself in the river and starving by day, staring out of the window waiting, waiting, waiting ... his little broken heart full of unrequited love.:(

Are you sure you really WANT to go away.:sneaky:

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
:Eeek::Eeek:

....and another thing Gerry, if you knocked down that little Greenhouse I could park there!

It was meant to be getting knocked down when we come back but all of a sudden I've found a reason to keep it :) :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Don't forget to leave one of your worn sweaters in his bed to comfort him ... when he is breaking his little heart at night, throwing himself in the river and starving by day, staring out of the window waiting, waiting, waiting ... his little broken heart full of unrequited love.:(

Are you sure you really WANT to go away.:sneaky:
:crying:

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
You lot are making me feel that guilty that I've decided to leave Lorraine at home to look after him. :)

Just up from nightshift and he's not here so either he's done a runner or my dads got him already :) :)

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Why leave him behind ? :crying1:

I know it's all banter but we're leaving him behind for a couple of reasons one being you can't take him anywhere like a resturant, pub or shop as he gets bored within a nano second and starts barking so means none of us enjoy our time.

The main reason is to keep my dad company, he has always came and walked him from day one but over these last few months since losing my mum Toby has been a godsend to him and keeps him company most days while we're working.

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Just to keep you lot happy :) he's packed and ready for the off
image.jpeg

Deleted User
Awe I bet he will love his visit, as much as you will enjoy yours. Biskit often stays with my parents, they beg to have her as they no longer have their own dog. She loves it, if they visit us and not taking her away with them her little face drops when they say goodbye.

Enjoy your trip

Lin :)

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
all of a sudden I've found a reason to keep it

.....as opposed to a USE for it, just a good reason............ B4s7ard

and I also noticed this, trouble is I don't know whether it's Gerry or his child bride Lorraine at fault

Gerry10.JPG

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
Just to keep you lot happy :) he's packed and ready for the off View attachment 109208
You could have put a nice bit of steak in with that lot to help Toby get over the trauma and separation anxiety that you will cause him
If this was the USA ,doggy lawyers would be lining up to sue on Toby's behalf

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Here's a tip for your Dad @ lorger

We left our Shepard with a housesitter, a young lass, sort of a surrogate daughter if you will.
When we got back, when ever we went to the fridge for wine time, the dog was right behind us looking very expectant.

We mentioned this to Julie, "Oh yes" she said "when you left she stayed by the front door whinging and whining, to shut her up I used to give her a glass of wine in her bowl, if she carried on whinging I'd give her another, she generally went to sleep after that!"

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
Here's a tip for your Dad @ lorger

We left our Shepard with a housesitter, a young lass, sort of a surrogate daughter if you will.
When we got back, when ever we went to the fridge for wine time, the dog was right behind us looking very expectant.

We mentioned this to Julie, "Oh yes" she said "when you left she stayed by the front door whinging and whining, to shut her up I used to give her a glass of wine in her bowl, if she carried on whinging I'd give her another, she generally went to sleep after that!"

Apparently lots of dogs participate in wining ...

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
I wonder if we could invite @Griffs to tell the tale he told me at Newbury a few weeks ago about how he had not mentioned the van or Newbury or any amount of key words that his dog would pick up on.

He didn't even load the van whilst the dog was home because he reckoned the dog would know and barricade himself in the MoHo so they couldn't go without him.

C'mon Griffs, you tell it.........

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
poor poor wee dug ?

too soft..
get behind him and hoof him straight out with your right foot ..

won't be coming back anything soon.. :clap2:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

only kidding.. ;)

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
Our previous cat loved a drop of sherry or red wine.
download (1).jpg

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Yay no dog means posh pubs and restaurants!
Seriously he will love being spoilt and great company for your dad!

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
Toby or not Toby..... That is the question. ! Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to to take the dug with us or suffer The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune, If old Toby can drink wine he can stay at home while we the missus and I can go on the rome....

And that my dear friends is the results of Charlie living a stones throw from that Stratford On Avon.:D:D:D:D

Zoppydog

Deceased RIP
Jul 19, 2013
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
Since 2013
Our stressed out dog an hour after we left her with our wonderful dog minder. We were going to India that time but occasionally she goes to stay when we go away to Europe in the van. We love taking her with us but it is nice occasionally to not have to think about her all the time.
So go away and enjoy yourselves I'm sure your father with appreciate your generosity and enjoy the company
Chris

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    107 KB · Views: 15
Reactions: CWH

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.