Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
Anyone know of any sound grabbing software that will let me record a soundclip off Utube or indeed any other program that makes a noise??

A program that records onto MP3 files would be ideal but i can convert it if needed.

Thanks as always in advance :thumb:

S

sinbad1

Deleted User
Anyone know of any sound grabbing software that will let me record a soundclip off Utube or indeed any other program that makes a noise??

A program that records onto MP3 files would be ideal but i can convert it if needed.

click here

regards

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007

Downloadhelper, an addon for Firefox will record sound and vision, not sure if you can tell it to just record sound. Does more than YouTube.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 18, 2008
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since June 2008
Audacity -http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

A cross-platform application that can record whatever your computer sound card is playing. I even use it for teaching :thumb:

OP
OP
dazzer

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
Audacity -http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

A cross-platform application that can record whatever your computer sound card is playing. I even use it for teaching :thumb:

Thanks for the suggestions. Ive tried this software but you need to give it an actual file to play with. I want to simply record whatever is coming out of my computers speakers at the time.

Am i doing it wrong or does anyone know of a bit of software that will do this??

Cheers:thumb:

S

sinbad1

Deleted User
have a look at this one

not used it but may be what your looking for

bashers

Free Member
Mar 21, 2009
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
3! Been boating for years. Now just bought an RV
CDEX rips CDs but has a very good mp3 creation part to it

OP
OP
dazzer

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
have a look at this one

not used it but may be what your looking for

Thanks Sinbad but it does the same as the others. You need to save a file then upload the file to the program to record it which kind of defeats the object im trying to achieve. What i want to do is catch sound samples from websites etc when the downloading of the actual soundfiles is not possible. What im after is a bit of software that would act like me putting a microphone next to the speaker and hitting record button.

Hope that makes a bit more sense :Doh:

Jun 18, 2008
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since June 2008
Thanks for the suggestions. Ive tried this software but you need to give it an actual file to play with. I want to simply record whatever is coming out of my computers speakers at the time.

Am i doing it wrong or does anyone know of a bit of software that will do this??

Cheers:thumb:

• Load Audacity, look at the menus and do : Edit - Preferences
  • On the first tab (Audio I/O) set the Recording Device to your sound card.
  • On the File Formats Tab choose MP3 (if that's what you want)
  • Click OK
  • Hit the Record Button

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back