how do i install my water pump???? (1 Viewer)

paulcarnaby

Free Member
Apr 17, 2017
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Transit bus conversion
Exp
since2017
can anybody help please?

I have micro tap fitted and i have a 12v crystal elegant pump, how do i make the circuit so i can turn on the tap and have water? The plumbing is all in and sorted... any advice or a diagram would really be appreciated

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
simple circuit from fuse to one side of micro switch then from other side of switch to pump then to earth with the second pump wire .Micro swith can be either way round not sure about the pump if it doesnt work reverse pump connections, they may even be marked plus and minus if so minus to earth

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Pump earthed method

12v feed into microswitch (either wire)
Wire from other tap wire to pump +
Pump - to earth.

Or

Switch earthed method

12v feed to pump +
Wire from pump - to microswitch (either wire)
Other switch wire to earth.

The tap is only a switch.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Glandwr

Banned
Jul 10, 2014
the Berwyn Mountains
Funster No
MH
Hymer S740
Exp
since 2009
If it's a submersible one like mine the pump will work whichever way around it is wired. BUT will pump much more efficiently the correct way. Try both ways and compare the pressure.

Dick

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Like this:

Tap Microswitches.jpg

The relay is an added complication but extends the life of the microswitches which simply operate the relay rather than the pump itself.

OP
OP
P

paulcarnaby

Free Member
Apr 17, 2017
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Transit bus conversion
Exp
since2017
ok thanks for your replies. Its Emma Pauls wife. He is away at the moment so I am using his account. I have done the basic circuit but nothing works still... Any ideas?
When you say pump to earth, do you mean to the negative terminal of the battery or just left and taped up?

At the moment i have 12v pump to the micro switch, then the other tap wire to pump. I have inherited the switch etc from previous owner and so it was already wired into battery. Thought it would be simple just to wire in sub pump but so far no luck...

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
When you say pump to earth, do you mean to the negative terminal of the battery or just left and taped up?
The earth from the pump MUST go to earth, either to the battery neg or tapped into another earth wire elsewhere.
The 'other' wire from the tap needs connecting to an earth.....Any earth point will do.

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
ok thanks for your replies. Its Emma Pauls wife. He is away at the moment so I am using his account. I have done the basic circuit but nothing works still... Any ideas?

At the moment i have 12v pump to the micro switch, then the other tap wire to pump. I have inherited the switch etc from previous owner and so it was already wired into battery. Thought it would be simple just to wire in sub pump but so far no luck...
other wire on pump has to be earthed to complete the circuit so either back to the battery or to a metal part of the van or join to another wire thats earthed just looked to see what type of van you have as its a metal body you can earth to anywhere thats metal and part of the vans structure the negative terminal off the battery is joined to the van body and the whole shell is used as the return to the battery

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

paulcarnaby

Free Member
Apr 17, 2017
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Transit bus conversion
Exp
since2017
Thank you so much for your help with pump. Got it sorted!
Different problem now...
i have thetford cassette toilet, no understanding of how it works ha!
It has a pipe running to what was the external water input. the previous owner said that it has an electric flush. Am I to understand that the toilet has its own pump? Could I just jubilee clip the end of the pipe to extend it so that i can run it from the water I am now carrying onboard? Could I use the waste water ??
questions questions...
also what fluid goes where? I know some has to go in the cassette itself with some water? what about the other type? where does that go?
Sorry for so many questions all new to this

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Hello and welcome from West Midlands.

.... p.s. To get the most from the forum you will need to subscribe. It's well worth £15 and will allow you to continue posting beyond your initial five free posts as well as letting you into areas that non members can't access.

Broken Link Removed

Wyn

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back