How do I get POI onto ipad TomTom

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by jaygee, Jul 25, 2012.

1. jaygee

jaygee Funster

Title says it all really - I have TomTom on my ipad, how do I get my POI onto it?

2. keithw

keithw Read Only Funster

3. jaygee

jaygee Funster

Unfortunetly that is an app to add you own POI's and not to download a POI file such as Aires.
    Shame - you would have thought that they'd have had something simple by now!

4. Scotties

Scotties Funster Life Member

TomTom foible ...

Hi, although you've probably the best satnav combination on the planet, it (like many of the new standalone systems) does not support adding your own poi files. However camping pois like ACSI Boardatlas etc are all avaiable in mainly free apps.

Havin ran Garmin alongside for the odd aire (Archie's Europe etc) we often find them disappointingly inaccurate and out of date.

If you are simply looking to create your own database in tomtom the favorites or photo fascility are so easy to use.:Smile:

Ps you can use your TomTom free on up to five devices:thumb:

5. magicsurfbus

magicsurfbus Funster

Are you able to look into the iPad's folder structure to see where the TomTom POIs are normally stored? Does the iPad version have any POIs already?

This is possible on the standard TomTom SatNav unit which your computer will treat like any other USB storage device. You can transfer POIs manually without having to use purpose-built software.

I'm not familiar with the iPad version though - maybe that's different and more locked down.