Mar 26, 2015
lincoln
Funster No
MH
peugeot wayfarer
Exp
I`m a newbie
Nah then
Can anyone tell me how to empty the water tank on my wayfarer, opening the taps just seem to make it sputter.
thanks

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Undo the filler cap and let air in, and open a couple of taps.. (With Electric off)..
I presume you mean the dump tap.

Upvote 0

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Waste tank grey water ?
Just open it and drive off .the bumpier road the better should clear the blockage .you will soon know as other driver will wave and make you aware :D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Reading again,,, If it`s spluttering at the tap`s I would think it is nearly empty..

And to drain down completely you need to open the tap near the bottom of the fresh tank..

Upvote 0
OP
OP
stringa
Mar 26, 2015
lincoln
Funster No
MH
peugeot wayfarer
Exp
I`m a newbie
The water I am talking about is the fresh water I put in before I set off........clean water...........I was told to empty the water tank when my MH is not in use..........I know how to empty my grey water, and I now know how to empty the black waste ( even if it was by hand but that's another story )........ whats the dump tap.

Upvote 0

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
I may be wrong, and surprised no one has come up with an answer... but... Mine has a tap near the bottom of the fresh water tank.. (y)

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
The water I am talking about is the fresh water I put in before I set off........clean water...........I was told to empty the water tank when my MH is not in use.

Don't bother. Complete waste of time.

Our fresh tank has never ever been completely empty even when the van's been parked up for a while. Never emptied it, cleaned it, sterilised it or done anything else to it. We drink from it all the time and guess what.. we're still here.

Upvote 0

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
If it is like the Elddis Autoquest which (more or less) succeeded it then it may have a convoluted pipe ending in a tap like the grey waste. That was the arrangement on the Autoquest we had.

Upvote 0

paul18

Free Member
Dec 16, 2014
Somerset
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
newbie, but was caravanner for 20 years
This is to prevent the water freezing and splitting pipes etc. This has happened to me when we were tuggers, the tap had a crack in it and needed replacing after a very cold snap

Upvote 0
Jun 11, 2011
Somerset
Funster No
MH
hymer s820
Exp
hya on some Motorhomes y ou have to open the lid on the tank and pull the plug out which is usually on a chain.... a lot of early Hymers are like this

Upvote 0

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
We empty the fresh if it's going to freeze. We don't have a dump tap so we have to lift a cover inside the van, reach in and take out the twist plug from inside. Then leave all taps open.
If there's not much in, we have been known to just run it through the taps in the sinks as it's easier to empty the grey tank.
Spluttering when the sink taps are turned on if that's what you're saying, suggests to me a bit of an airlock (sometimes happens after travelling) - lots of threads on here about clearing those! - mostly about blowing down the shower hose (?) ours has always (so far) cleared just by leaving all the taps open.

Upvote 0

Bobndebs McKay

Free Member
Jul 15, 2014
Bali for the Winter!! Back in Feb 2016
Funster No
MH
Hobby 750 FMSE
Exp
5 months travelling Through France, Spain, Portugal, Germany and Holland as a Full timer in our firs
If there is no drain tap, empty what you can with the pump, then unscrew the filter housing and drain it down into a bowl/ similar through that. I would only do it when winter is coming and frost is due, like NicNic I use mine all the time for drinking etc and am still here.
Top Tip is to remove the filter housing when winterising for storage as the water in mine froze, expanded and cracked, hence I had a job priming my system and had to buy a new filter and housing. (y)
Oh and if you are prepping for winter storage, pull the drain on your hot water tank too!!
Cheers

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back