How do I empty my waste water?

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by daveski, Jul 2, 2012.

1. daveski

daveski Read Only Funster

Hi, just joined this site but cant find a way to post a new thread so this thread is about water & pumps so I wonder if anyone can help me?. I am new to motorhomes and wanted to know where and how do I empty the waste water tank?. I cannot even see one. I thought the shower and sink water would just come out of the hose that is at back [underneath]. The water drains from the sink [so far] but I cannot see where it goes or how to empty the waste water. The van is a 1989 Fiat Ducato with Nu Venture back. Any help appreciated...cheers, Daveski

2. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

Daveski....see my last post to you

look under the back or side of your van for a pipe and plastic tap. park over a drain and turn the valve on by twisting and it will drain the waste tank. you should have another too for the fresh tank

3. daveski

daveski Read Only Funster

Hi, I had a look and there is a black platic pipe and tap, I guess this must be the tap to drain one of the tanks [not sure which tank just yet]. The tap is very tight so I think I may need a good dose of WD40 to free it. I guess I will see from the colour of the water which tank it relates to. I do not need to drain the clean water tank, so hoping it the tap for the dirty water.
    Cheers, Daveski

• Like Like x 1
  4. JeanLuc

JeanLuc Funster

WD40 is not good news for plastic junctions - it can cause them to bind. Try silicone spray instead.

5. normanandsue

normanandsue Funster

You might need to drain it down for winter in case it freezes, so either way make sure you can release the tap and drain whatever tank it is.

Norman

6. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

the fresh drain tap is usually indoors next to the water tank and will probably be 12mm.

the one underneath is the grey water tap and will probably be around 25mm/30mm.

your grey waste tank is slung under the floor between the chassis rails...the fresh tank is usually indoors under the dinette seating or similar.

7. Spacerunner

Spacerunner Read Only Funster

A motorhome that age is likely to have both tanks slung underneath.

Best way to find the fresh water tank is to look underneath directly under the fresh water filler cap.