Free Member
Jul 31, 2011
Newark
Funster No
MH
Mazda Bongo
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi, I have a bongo and it has a new conversion with a fridge, but I haven't a clue how to charge the fridge from home...any ideas? I'm embarrassed to ask but I have had it 2 months, been out loads in it and still carry a cool bag so if I don't ask soon it's getting ridiculous!
Thanks
H

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi, I have a bongo and it has a new conversion with a fridge, but I haven't a clue how to charge the fridge from home...any ideas? I'm embarrassed to ask but I have had it 2 months, been out loads in it and still carry a cool bag so if I don't ask soon it's getting ridiculous!
Thanks
H
Hi What you need from your local caravan shop is an adapter, it has the the 3 pin domestic plug on on side and the 3 pin round adapter on the other which you put on to your lead then plug in at home the day before you go off to give the fridge a cold temperature, also you will need the 2 pin continental type if you plan to go abroad for the camp plug in. Pete :thumb:

Upvote 0

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Ours then runs on the 'engine' battery whilst we are going from A to B, when we get to B we turn the gas on and crank it up off the gas.

Depends on model of fridge and vehicle as to what yours does when; we sometimes have to manually turn ours to battery when starting off then as soon as we park it starts trying to light from the gas, (you can hear it going click click click ...) then stops as it only tries for x amount of time which isn't long enough for Pete to get the van level then open up and get the gas on .... and it takes a little while for the gas to get up all the pipes and push the air out. We find it speeds things up a bit to turn a hob on until it comes through there. Then turn the fridge off and back on again when it will click a couple of times and should then light.

When I say manually, I actually mean from the control panel on the front of the fridge.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back