How did you find Motorhomefun? (1 Viewer)

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
The universe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Hi

With so many of us dropping Fun flyers and cards about, it would be interesting to see how many members have actually joined via the drops. I have been dropping cards in the Southampton area and the Ealing area over the last few days - I have some in my works van and pop one in the letterbox of the houses where a van is parked. Last week I saw lots of vans but I didnt have any cards with me. This week I have seen about a dozen. Sods Law at work :RollEyes: I found Fun after the Darkside debarcle.:whistle:

Papa Smurf

Sep 25, 2007
Funster No
Sheer Luck AFAICR.

Must have been a good day!::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Adria 5

Free Member
Jul 23, 2007
Funster No
MH
adria caravan
Exp
hmmm!! exiled from the darkside :cry::roflmto:::bigsmile:

well here we are great isnt it:thumb: can not beleive how its grown from founder members to this :winky:

RAY

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Some sexy lass cybered me from you know where promising all sorts of 'incentives' to join!

But I did get a free T shirt unlike the other lot.

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
I joined early in the life of the forum.

Reason, I suddenly noticed most of the RVers had left and threads about RVs got little or no response and as a relatively newbie I needed all the support I could get.

Still a member of both forums as both have a lot to offer in my opinion although only really active on this one. Could'nt wish to meet a nicer more friendly bunch and so far no nasties or politics happening. :thumb::thumb:

Sweet Chariot

Free Member
Sep 30, 2007
Staffordshire Moorlands
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2006
Need to thank Motorhome Facts saw how bad some were treated read a couple of threads and then before the words were banned (Motorhome Fun)saw it mentioned and searched.::bigsmile:

Phoenix

Free Member
Aug 24, 2007
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
I purchased a small item for the RV from 'Stateside Tuning'. 48hrs later item arrived by post plus an enclosed flyer. Thanks Linda:thumb::thumb:
Chris

Camperian

Free Member
Dec 1, 2007
Dorset - 6months, Spain - 6months
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 years
After having about 6 months with very limited internet action, i connected up on the Facts site and asked about Kands who seemed to have disappeared. After a deathly hush, someone very kindly pointed me here. Yippee

I still pay my £10 to the dark side, but often get "annoyed" at the rants and snapping, some very fragile egoes over there!

Ian
Three Green:thumb:

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Hi
I was spending what little time I had spare on US forums because they were very friendly!!!! We were then led by contacts from "elsewhere" to a more local spot. Problem now is that I don't keep up on the US forums!!
What concerns me, is, "unfriendly" people finding our special meeting place!!!!!!
Nigel

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
I got a link from outandaboutlive.co.uk

I find the above very useful for advice with a little bit of ego stuff but not to much.

Im interested to know what happened with MHF, maybe someone will fill me in at Newark. I have rarely posted on their, due to the absoloute trash that is talked and the ammount of bitching that goes on. Not my cup of tea im afraid.
Im also a member of ukcampsites (can I say that) and have been since my tugger days. However the motorhome part is not used a great deal.

More importantly, none of the above have an arcade:thumb:

buccaneer

Free Member
Oct 14, 2007
Funster No
I just came across this forum by chance I thought it seemed a good forum so I posted a link to here on Motorhomehome facts that I had been a paid up member for a few months.
In seconds I could not post on any thread and my post was removed they also removed some of my other posts.
Here is one ( I have others) e-mail I reeived from Nuke

I have just seen your post ref cancelling subscription

I can do this if you so desire, just thought i should fill you in on background info first

The other site that has been mentioned was setup by an ex member of MHF whose sole reason for doing it was to have a go at me personally and in his own words this is what he said

"I promise to become a real pain in the arse in more ways than one, , and I just might, and if I only earn a pound from my investment I will be happy to know that the pound came from your pocket, maybe you can afford to lose a few pounds, but lose them you will."

so you see I am obviously not going to allow that site to be promoted in any shape or form here on my own website. Periodically members of his site come to MHF, create false accounts and generally cause mischief for the moderators and myself

Nonetheless, if you want to leave MHF, get a refund and join that site so be it, just let me know asap

I believe in fair competion and in many years on many motoring forum I have never been censored for posting a link to a site that members might find interesting.
Later I read all the rules of MHF and nowhere does it say you cannot post links to other sites so how was I to know what you can post!

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
What the owner of motorhomefact says is the truth more or less. I set this site up for two reasons. The first was to try and teach him a lesson after he cruelly sacked two of his rally staff Keith & Sharon (Kands and RockieRV) The bit of an email he showed you is out of context. I did threaten to start up a rival site, but only if he did not reinstate the staff he so rudely sacked in a post. He chose not to do that and told me to do my worst, and that challenge was the second reason for wanting this site to succeed.

I would like to add that this was over 8 months ago and it is now just a distant memory. This site has now taken on a life of its own. Many people will prefer one site over the other and as many again will enjoy both at the same time. At the end of the day we all share the same hobby, which is what its all about.

Motorhomefacts is a great site, but I prefer this one:thumb:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
I am still a member of both.

Sadly rarely go to facts now as all my friends are here, and being here is a Fun experience.

Glad you found you way here Buccaneer and hope you find the site as good as I do and maybe you could find the time to attend one of our many meets which are really a Fun time:thumb:

Adria 5

Free Member
Jul 23, 2007
Funster No
MH
adria caravan
Exp
What the owner of motorhomefact says is the truth more or less. I set this site up for two reasons. The first was to try and teach him a lesson after he cruelly sacked two of his rally staff Keith & Sharon (Kands and RockieRV) The bit of an email he showed you is out of context. I did threaten to start up a rival site, but only if he did not reinstate the staff he so rudely sacked in a post. He chose not to do that and told me to do my worst, and that challenge was the second reason for wanting this site to succeed.

I would like to add that this was over 8 months ago and it is now just a distant memory. This site has now taken on a life of its own. Many people will prefer one site over the other and as many again will enjoy both at the same time. At the end of the day we all share the same hobby, which is what its all about.

Motorhomefacts is a great site, but I prefer this one:thumb:

hi jim well said spot ON!:shout:

ray

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
well ive never seen so much animosity between lovers of a similar hobby.

Well in fact I have, years ago a member of ukcampsites fell out with the founder and set his own site up.

For me personaly, Im glad Jim set this site up, it gives other oportunities for those that like MHs. I am a member of MHF but only recently paid a subscription, god knows why. Since looking on there I just see people taking life far too seriously. Personaly in my line of work I can't take life to seriously, I much prefer to just have some fun whilst here. As said before, I use outandaboutlive, and find it very useful for some of the questions that need answering. In general though I just think that it's nice to stay in touch with those that have the same hobby. I am really looking forward to the Newark rally so my family can meet and share a drink with others whom I have spoken to on here.

If there was a commercial interest in any of the sites I could understand the competition, however at the end of the day I thought it was just fun and information.

So keep it going Jim I know my kids love aspects of this site, and Thursday nights whilst the good lady is at Yoga has now changed as me and the kids enjoy the quiz.
::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
well ive never seen so much animosity between lovers of a similar hobby.

If there was a commercial interest in any of the sites I could understand the competition, however at the end of the day I thought it was just fun and information.

So keep it going Jim I know my kids love aspects of this site, and Thursday nights whilst the good lady is at Yoga has now changed as me and the kids enjoy the quiz.

I do not think there is any animosity, especially between actual members. There might have been some between the site owners at the start, I certainly do not feel any. As for commerce, motorhomefacts is absolutely a commercial setup. The owner runs the site and charges a subscription for a living which is why its entirely understandable that he takes losing members to motorhomefun so seriously and why I just see it as a bit of fun. :Smile:

So Haganap; you have help on quiznights::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

RuthRv

Free Member
Jan 4, 2008
Funster No
i must obey

::bigsmile:apparently when we got married i promised to obey:Doh: so when i got my laptop i was told to join up, didn't need much persuading:winky:well done jim this is the best and it does exactly what it says on the tin fun fun fun & even more fun,we have met so many nice people and we are having a great time we are so:Sad:when the meets are over and look forward to the next one with gusto, seriously Jim you do a fantastic job and all those who organise rally's meets etc, long may motorhome fun go onwards and upwards::bigsmile:I hav even been very naughty of late and have begun to sign in whilst at work, becoming an expert n the minimise button when the boss lurks:ROFLMAO:
ruth

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back