How can i find out the Euro Emissions for my motorhome (1 Viewer)

gerry mcg

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2016
Glasgow, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Globecar 600L Revn
Exp
since 2016
I take that is the one for the base vehicle which will have been superseded by the converts C of C which won't have any emissions on it.
Probably get away with it if youv registered your van as a Fiat, won't work if you registered it as a Globecar.
I've got scanned copies of both the Fiat and globecar CoC, both say Euro 6 on them ;)
the Globecar CoC has some emissions data on it such as CO, NOX but no CO2 entry

Kirsten

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2015
Stratford on Avon
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
Since 2010
Thanks you ms minxy for removing the strikes and all for the information from everyone-even tho it is a bit gloom- inducing.The nice garage man removed my tom tom holder at the MOT as he said it was not legal to have something obscuring the windscreen- looks like we will have to plaster the side windows soon with all these regulations re emissions coming out.

Xabia

Free Member
Jan 20, 2011
Rural Nottinghamshire and Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1996
Applied for a sticker on line this morning and found it quite easy. Only thing to watch is that you have to upload the copy of the V5 in jpeg form. Told the scanner to save the image in that format and the application was accepted. Have received an email confirmation and now await receipt of the sticker.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
To get emission stickers for other countries i.e. Germany, France, Holland etc.
Fairly certain a 2004 Fiat will be Euro 3, so still won't be allowed into most towns that have restrictions.

On the French form you don't need to fill that in,,No asterik,,BUSBY..

Kirsten

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2015
Stratford on Avon
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
Since 2010
Applied for a sticker on line this morning and found it quite easy. Only thing to watch is that you have to upload the copy of the V5 in jpeg form. Told the scanner to save the image in that format and the application was accepted. Have received an email confirmation and now await receipt of the sticker.
Applied for car this morning- waiting to see if I get sticker before doing the van. Sent a JPeg [after several re sizes of the J peg and that was not easy..] of the FRONT page of the Registration Certificate as only one would go- but ?? do they want the inside page that shows the emissions??
Assumed the VIN was the reference number they wanted- but this is on the front of the registration form so dont know why they want it twice.
Certainly was NOT an easy thing to do, even with the english version of the form. Sigh!

gerry mcg

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2016
Glasgow, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Globecar 600L Revn
Exp
since 2016
I suspect page 2 of the v5c is the page they want rather than the front page. I sent page 2 with me application

Jul 21, 2011
Up’t North West
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
Applied for my sticker for M/H. Filled in form as car with Fiat and Pilote Motor Caravan. I just sent jpeg of page 2.
Will now wait and see.

Mother Ship

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2011
Jersey
Funster No
MH
Pilote 626D
Exp
Since 1986
@Kirsten ... without the strike-through:

Hi All.. I have looked at all the websites as we use the car AND the van abroad; and [it might be me]but I am totally foxed. No idea how to work out what Euro Standard of the car or van is. It is not on the vehicle certification and the Audi website [sorry guys yes we drive Audis] is no help.

I did assume it was the by year of manufacture- but I and Sig Other have cars that fall in the same bandwidth- but mine has a catalytic converter and is less polluting; both cars have emissions at a rate that puts them into another band than the website suggests...

I also now worry about the other countries emission rules- do I have to have a separate sticker for every country?

I have tried to see what the van situation is but keep getting the LEZ london website and dont want that!

Any help welcome.. setting off for Grenoble in March........ Posted this on another thread; cut and pasted it sorry about the line through it..​
I am just in the process of applying for the French emissions sticker for the car and the motorhome and it seems they want the jpeg as proof of year of registration and does not matter if the document does not state the engine Euro number, this link gives good translation of date of registration and Euro number Link Removed
I am having a problem to know by their classifications of which classification form to use to apply for the motorhome as the choice is 2 wheels meaning motorbikes, cars, commercial light vehicles or HGVs, buses and coaches.
Has anyone actually applied yet and which classification did you use????

papaken

Free Member
Jan 29, 2013
newcastle upon tyne
Funster No
MH
autocruise star spirit
Exp
I have a green German disc with a large 4 and a round Berlin stamp obtained 2year ago for my 2003 Peugeot deisel 2.2L

Nov 13, 2013
Bideford, Devon
Funster No
MH
Benimar Tessora 487
Exp
since 2011
For my Fiat Ducato Euro 5 I wrote to Fiat UK and they provided me with a letter stating the Euro number and a confirmaty sheet. I think it cost me about £10. I used that then to apply for a Go Box account for Austria, which in the end I didn't use, but its now in the file.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I have a green German disc with a large 4 and a round Berlin stamp obtained 2year ago for my 2003 Peugeot deisel 2.2L
Did they get it wrong of is the Ford engine of that age Euro4 the Fiat is Euro3.

For my Fiat Ducato Euro 5 I wrote to Fiat UK and they provided me with a letter stating the Euro number and a confirmaty sheet. I think it cost me about £10. I used that then to apply for a Go Box account for Austria, which in the end I didn't use, but its now in the file.
The Fiat emissions are irelevant as the vehicle has been converted as emissions change with the additional load of the conversions and converters do not have to test that is why they aren't any figurers on the final C of C.

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
From memory with these new VED rates, if the V5 shows emissions the VED is HIGH, no emissions its classed as motorhome...................

Peter

D

DL42846

Deleted User
Are these French and German stickers a one-off payment, or do they need to be renewed annually?
one off. It stays with the vehicle until the French can think of another way to rob us

D

DL42846

Deleted User
As you were successful I was wondering what page of your V5 you sent them?

Mine is French registered, all I had to do was send them the registration document number which is printed on the carte griss. I didn't have to send them any other information. Not even my address as they post it to the address the vehicle is registered at.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back