How a smartphone/tablet knows which way up it is... (1 Viewer)

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
Fascinating stuff, thanks for that Grommet. Sometimes we just take too much for granted, the word accelerometer just rolls off the tongue when we're discussing our pads and phones by the bar without really knowing what's involved!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Incredible.......engineers status in this country is crap compared to other professions.

And worse we seem to have a culture of being proud of "Oh I can't understand these things". "It's a mystery to me".

Mind you, an abominably huge number of people can't do the 3 Rs after the efforts of our education system.

How can such a country survive in the 21st century ?

The Law and Health and Safety all say that Normal Man/Woman is too thick to do anything more complicated than farting and it's only a matter of time before EU:7655/1j The Toilet Paper directive tells us exactly how to wipe our bums.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
And worse we seem to have a culture of being proud of "Oh I can't understand these things". "It's a mystery to me".
Mind you, an abominably huge number of people can't do the 3 Rs after the efforts of our education system.
How can such a country survive in the 21st century ?
The Law and Health and Safety all say that Normal Man/Woman is too thick to do anything more complicated than farting and it's only a matter of time before EU:7655/1j The Toilet Paper directive tells us exactly how to wipe our bums.
The problem with engineers is they are not visible like doctors accountants and lawyers. They work behind closed door designing building and developing things that we cant do without. Another problem they have is that anyone who can use a spanner is classed as an engineer.:Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Gromett
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I have to disagree. We have an amazing bunch of inventors, engineers and scientists in this country. I would see we are one of the world leaders which is incredible considering our small size.

Motorsport engineering including F1
Space technology
Bio Tech
Materials science (graphene was discovered by a UK researcher)
Computer science (brit invented world wide web)
Design (Brit designed ipod etc getting knighted shortly)
Microprocessors (Brit company invented the ARM microprocess which is the best selling CPU of all time)

The list goes on and on and on.

Our problem is we don't capitalise on our inventions.

Just for JJ....

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wiy_eHdj8kg[/ame]

He has done a load of these videos on youtube.

OP
OP
Gromett
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
This one is probably the most relevant to us motorhomers..

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFUUQcpGR3k[/ame]

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back