how a lampost pulled down helped me join (1 Viewer)

Jul 29, 2014
Norfolk and Correze, France
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Had one for 5 years many moons ago. Now starting again.
This has become a "need to know" matter.:sneaky:
Giving the benefit of the doubt it might just be that the culprit has not been online since the disaster. Or, of course, the lampost might have removed their dish in retaliation.:whistle:
Until Cath joins up we may never know.:eek:

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
biting-nails.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Tincataylor

Free Member
Jul 9, 2012
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Never leave a campsite with your clothes line tied to a lamp post.
Dear Cath,

OMG...................I have been outed. The truth is the Tincas have been wilding since leaving Rincon de la Victoria and we have only just seen this post. I think its fair to say that there are two sides to every story, but in this case there is no defence, the act of wanton vandalism re lamppost removal was entirely a result of stupidity of the highest order. What makes it even worse is that your excellent camp site has a “no washing lines” rule which I chose to ignore, but let me start at the beginning.

We decided to visit the El Rincon site in order to explore Malaga, and we are so glad we did. You and your husband and the rest of the crew could not have been more welcoming and could not have done more to keep all the campers happy. If any Funsters are looking for a base to explore Malaga and the delightful Rincon de la Victoria area then this is the place for you to stay.

We looked at all the pitches available to us and pitch 24 was the obvious choice giving us almost constant sunshine during the day and on top of that it had (?) this lovely ornamental lamppost which not all the pitches had. The only slight snag was that it did not have anywhere to attach a washing line............other than from our bike rack to said lamppost. When the day finally came to leave we went through the normal checklist, fridge on battery...check, vents closed....check, gas taps off …...check, and away I go.....CRASH....why are all these people staring at me???

The upshot of this incident is that the only thing that got hurt was my pride. Cath and her husband would not accept one Euro in compensation for the damage caused despite my protestations so I hope plenty more Funsters try out the El Rincon camp site, you will not be disappointed.

P.S I was looking forward to attending more Funster rallies but I'm not sure my body could take the dehydration that would result from having that much p**s taken out of it......

The Tincas

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Dear Cath,

OMG...................I have been outed. The truth is the Tincas have been wilding since leaving Rincon de la Victoria and we have only just seen this post. I think its fair to say that there are two sides to every story, but in this case there is no defence, the act of wanton vandalism re lamppost removal was entirely a result of stupidity of the highest order. What makes it even worse is that your excellent camp site has a “no washing lines” rule which I chose to ignore, but let me start at the beginning.

We decided to visit the El Rincon site in order to explore Malaga, and we are so glad we did. You and your husband and the rest of the crew could not have been more welcoming and could not have done more to keep all the campers happy. If any Funsters are looking for a base to explore Malaga and the delightful Rincon de la Victoria area then this is the place for you to stay.

We looked at all the pitches available to us and pitch 24 was the obvious choice giving us almost constant sunshine during the day and on top of that it had (?) this lovely ornamental lamppost which not all the pitches had. The only slight snag was that it did not have anywhere to attach a washing line............other than from our bike rack to said lamppost. When the day finally came to leave we went through the normal checklist, fridge on battery...check, vents closed....check, gas taps off …...check, and away I go.....CRASH....why are all these people staring at me???

The upshot of this incident is that the only thing that got hurt was my pride. Cath and her husband would not accept one Euro in compensation for the damage caused despite my protestations so I hope plenty more Funsters try out the El Rincon camp site, you will not be disappointed.

P.S I was looking forward to attending more Funster rallies but I'm not sure my body could take the dehydration that would result from having that much p**s taken out of it......

The Tincas
Everybody thought it was Ian the Builder!!

Jul 29, 2014
Norfolk and Correze, France
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Had one for 5 years many moons ago. Now starting again.
I do hope Cath joins up fully, it would pay her back well and truly with visiting Funsters.(y)
It's almost a shame the mystery has been uncovered.:rolleyes:
I will never be able to read another posting by @Tincataylor without imagining washing lines and lamposts.:)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back