LIFE MEMBER
Oct 11, 2009
East Wittering. West Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis i588
Exp
Started in 1980
I know there has been some coverage before but has anybody on here used house sitters.
Our daughter has always stayed at ours for Jan/Feb when we go to Spain but she has now moved and cannot do it.
Our main problem is two cats that need feeding daily. Anita will not allow me to have them put down :ROFLMAO:
We may have the possibility of a nephew who would stay but thought I would explore other avenues.
Thanks for any advice.
Graham :thumb:

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
There are various companies around that will come round and feed and clean your animals whilst your away!

Vlad

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
if you have room to park an RV have a word with Riggs he may well be up for it

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
Yes! We use housesitters regularly and for free. There are a couple of sites where you can advertise your house in exchange for care of pets or the garden. It has always worked for us and we've made some good friends through doing it. Usually retired people from USA, Canada or Aus wanting to tour Europe on a budget. you can ask for references and most of them have loads to offer from previous happy customers.
Look at this http://www.housecarers.com/
We have house sitters at the moment because we're in Spain.
I'm happy to give more info if required.
Mags

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
I know there has been some coverage before but has anybody on here used house sitters.
Our daughter has always stayed at ours for Jan/Feb when we go to Spain but she has now moved and cannot do it.
Our main problem is two cats that need feeding daily. Anita will not allow me to have them put down :ROFLMAO:
We may have the possibility of a nephew who would stay but thought I would explore other avenues.
Thanks for any advice.
Graham :thumb:

Why not take the cats with you. We have two cats one is 21 years old and the other 14 years old. To date travelled to UK,France,Germany and Spain and they have no problems. The old one does not leave the MH and the younger one goes out looks around for a bit and jumps back in all in 2/3 minutes. We have a fan fitted in the roof and Air when needed. No problems at all.

OP
OP
grasscutter

grasscutter

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 11, 2009
East Wittering. West Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis i588
Exp
Started in 1980
Why not take the cats with you. We have two cats one is 21 years old and the other 14 years old. To date travelled to UK,France,Germany and Spain and they have no problems. The old one does not leave the MH and the younger one goes out looks around for a bit and jumps back in all in 2/3 minutes. We have a fan fitted in the roof and Air when needed. No problems at all.

Thanks for the suggestion but neither of our cats would be happy with that.We live opposite woodland and they are used to being free to roam. Just taking either of them to the vets a couple of miles away stresses them out.

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
Thanks for the suggestion but neither of our cats would be happy with that.We live opposite woodland and they are used to being free to roam. Just taking either of them to the vets a couple of miles away stresses them out.

Try them in MH whilst at home, for a few hours, you will be surprised how quickly they adapt. It is a fallacy about cats and roaming as they do not roam far. There was a great program on TV not so long ago about this.

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
We had a German Shepherd ,so when we came over here for 8 weeks we got a young girl, (sort of a surrogate Daughter) to come and stay in our house, when we got back:Smile: All was well.:Smile:

Until :Sad:

When we poured ourselves a glass of Vino Collapso, the Dog was there in our face PANT PANT WAG WAGGLE:cry:

We mentioned this to young Julie, "Oh yea! she whinged whinged whinged after you'd gone, so to shut her up, I poured a glass of Wine in her Bowl, if she still whinged, I gave her another!":roflmto:

The Bloody Dog was an Alkie!:ROFLMAO:

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
I have a tortoise which bit sleepy at the moment and needs eye kept on, any chance of young girl coming to stay and keeping eye on us both.:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back