OP
M
Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
Maybe I'm wrong. I know that things could happen, eg we could be burgled whilst you are are in residence (but that hasn't happened for the last 8 years in this house) and I wouldn't really worry about that. As long as you paid the leccy and gas bill I wouldn't worry at all. Call me naive, but you sound like a regular person and I would have no fears. Unfortunately, we don't need a house-sitter since the dog comes with us and family look in all the time but I think it's a great idea. ::bigsmile: Without wishing to sound insulting, you also sound the type of person that you don't need to scrub from top to bottom for before you come. ::bigsmile:

Ivy
No insult taken it is a nice complement I have no airs or graces
I am a down to earth guy with decent moral standards,
as i am not asking for access in to any ones home
i do not have to see inside i have a very nice RV that had all i need in it
a EHU would be an advantage water supply would be nice i can hold 100Ltrs enough for more than a week. :thumb:

thank you for your positive comments on this controversial topic

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
My house is always occupied as sonn and daughter move in to run the business while we are away, but I think it is a cracking idea and I hope it is a great success for you MHL..:thumb:

OP
OP
M
Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
My house is always occupied as sonn and daughter move in to run the business while we are away, but I think it is a cracking idea and I hope it is a great success for you MHL..:thumb:[/
THANK YOU

WE WILL SEE WHAT HAPPENS THERE ARE MANY SKEPTICS ABOUT :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
i am not asking for keys or to do works walking dogs feeding cats ect
just to be there as a live presence on a night when most vilans are about their discussing business.

Well that all depends. If you are not paying to park then you are technically being paid in kind, with leccy pitch and water etc. Chances of you coming unstuck are slim, but they exist. I just said be careful that's all. If someone dobbed you in and you were seen at two different properties. The SIA would deem you to be working. Big fines and even imprisonment can result.

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
You'd better hope house sitting works, you're never going to be a banker.

Who wants to be a pigging banker? I'm prepared to go back to the good old quality of trust. Can't we just stick 2 fingers up at those who start to worry about risk, quantifying risk, and the what ifs? -------- them. (Sue me if you dare). What have I said? can't we just smile at a stranger without feeling stupid or them thinking we are stupid? For goodness' sake, we could be dead next week. ::bigsmile:

Ivy

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Who wants to be a pigging banker? I'm prepared to go back to the good old quality of trust. Can't we just stick 2 fingers up at those who start to worry about risk, quantifying risk, and the what ifs? -------- them. (Sue me if you dare). What have I said? can't we just smile at a stranger without feeling stupid or them thinking we are stupid? For goodness' sake, we could be dead next week. ::bigsmile:

Ivy

What's that about Ivy ?

I pay him the highest compliment he's ever had ( too decent to be a banker ) and you take offence ?????

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
........ I'm prepared to go back to the good old quality of trust. Can't we just stick 2 fingers up at those who start to worry about risk, quantifying risk, and the what ifs? -------.......

Ivy

advice is just that Ivy .. advice.... but I'm afraid the days of trust when a handshake was a man's word have long gone ..

did he insure his van.. or did he trust that no one will ever steal it or bash it up.. he was also prudent to have security and a tracker fitted, so obviously security concious .. he didn't leave that to 'trust' ...

my advice was only to point out the potential pitfalls he may not have thought of.. not to pour scorn on the idea.

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
I know Brian and Jim and no offence was intended at all. I'm sure everything that is said about insurance and liability and risk is right but I do miss the days when somebody would say "that's great. Our house will be empty, come and stay there". :cry::Sad:

Ivy

OP
OP
M
Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
we all have different ideas and thoughts on many subjects
who is right or who is wrong is not the point

i am pleased this has given rise to some discussion.

there will be some who would never consider having a house sitter
then there are those who would use such a service

we live in a world where trust and Honor are words that hold no meaning
risk and legal recourse seams to be the norm

it is sad that this is the way we in the so called first world with educated people now act.

in the third world there seams to be more trust than here
i do hope that we do not loose the ability to find trust in one another

i do not propose a business out of this just two parties having a mutual benefit.

are we all brainwashed in to that we have to conform to some kind of state system?

full timers are opting out of such a way of life in not having a bricks and morta home with all the associated costs that come with it.

if some one wants to have the security of their home whist away
this could be the solution for you

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I know Brian and Jim and no offence was intended at all. I'm sure everything that is said about insurance and liability and risk is right but I do miss the days when somebody would say "that's great. Our house will be empty, come and stay there". :cry::Sad:

Ivy

I'm right with you there, all of us Olde Fartes are, today's world is not fit for purpose and unfortunately neither are a load of the youngsters, it's all "I'm entitled to", "it's my right", "it's not my fault", "they should have done.....".

And with this mind set it can only get worse. Slightest problem, blow it up out of all proportion and bring in some daft regulations to make it worse.

What is worrying me right now, the number of violent deaths in the last month. I can't remember it ever being this bad in the past. We went to see Holmes at the cinema last week ( Crap, made for brain dead Yanks, all special effects and no brainwork ) and all the trailers were one mass of violence. Kids through to adults are now conditioned to violence and death.

OP
OP
M
Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
I'm right with you there, all of us Olde Fartes are, today's world is not fit for purpose and unfortunately neither are a load of the youngsters, it's all "I'm entitled to", "it's my right", "it's not my fault", "they should have done.....".

And with this mind set it can only get worse. Slightest problem, blow it up out of all proportion and bring in some daft regulations to make it worse.

What is worrying me right now, the number of violent deaths in the last month. I can't remember it ever being this bad in the past. We went to see Holmes at the cinema last week ( Crap, made for brain dead Yanks, all special effects and no brainwork ) and all the trailers were one mass of violence. Kids through to adults are now conditioned to violence and death.

not sure where this fits in with the thread
may be i missed the point still bemused by the input
maybe i am getting thicker as i get older :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
In spite of the"under lying fears" from some,
Yeh!
when the time comes I'll give you a go, BUT, (theres always a BUT) I'll need to know the height and width of your unit. We have a C I Ducatto based M/H, and to get up our drive we have to take in a mirror and I've had to carve off some Facia at the top, the road outside is also narrow, anything over 6 mtrs you'll have a prob lining up the drive.

Anyway! in spite of the B/S about your avatar, FEARS ABOUT INSURANCE, (will you have to fill out a B/S risk assesment?) I think you have a good idea going for you! One way of seeing the country AND helping people! Good on yer!:thumb:

OP
OP
M
Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
in spite of the"under lying fears" from some,
yeh!
When the time comes i'll give you a go, but, (theres always a but) i'll need to know the height and width of your unit. We have a c i ducatto based m/h, and to get up our drive we have to take in a mirror and i've had to carve off some facia at the top, the road outside is also narrow, anything over 6 mtrs you'll have a prob lining up the drive.

Anyway! In spite of the b/s about your avatar, fears about insurance, (will you have to fill out a b/s risk assesment?) i think you have a good idea going for you! One way of seeing the country and helping people! Good on yer!:thumb:
thank you

unfortunately due to another thread i have on here
regarding a security system and the shit i have had to take from it i will no longer be on here
i wish those of you who are the serious members well

but so long as the shit stirrers are getting the support of the organizers of this site i have no option but to leave

good bye

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Ah well Ian... sorry if you have decided to call it a day but IMO it is all to do with the words people use to say what they want to say...

Words are wonderful things and if put together in the right order can be used to say anything you want them to without causing offence or upset...

Mind you... they can be also be used to cause offence and/or upset should one so choose.

In general folks on Fun are just not used to phrases like "get a life" and "wan*er" etc... and constant battling with each other..

Sorry to be a bit patronising...

JJ :Cool:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back