House insurance while away for up to four months (1 Viewer)

artemis

Free Member
Jan 14, 2011
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 years
We currently have our house and contents insurance with the Camping and Caravan club which allows us to leave the house unoccupied for up to 180 days at a time. Their renewal premium seems very high compared with other quotes doubtless because of the risks of leaving property empty.
I wondered if anybody knew of any other company that will give cover when you are away for months at a time so we could do a comparison.
Thanks Elizabeth

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
get a friend or family to live in it for a few days .at about 178 days .

Aug 29, 2010
Nuneaton. Only when I have to.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis t564
Exp
Since Sept 2010
I switched house and contents to Aviva this year and saved money over my previous policies. The process for cover extended beyond 60 days away is to take out the basic policy and then advise them when you have dates for an extended absence. They will then charge a percentage additional premium depending on length of time and season (winter/summer).

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
get a friend or family to live in it for a few days .at about 178 days .

We go and stay in my brother's house for a week or two when he is in New Zealand with his son. We checked with his insurance company and they were happy with the arrangement. Last year he was away for 9 months and we went to stay several times at odd intervals as did other family members. His other son was there every day picking up post etc.

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
We too are with Aviva and have paid around £50 for cover whilst we were away for 4 months. Just watch when you get your renewal premium as they add this cover on automatically the following year!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back