Apr 17, 2010
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
hi top
Exp
17yrs
Hi folks
hopefully this will be a quick query, my hot water heater is working, and heats the water up, the pump is working but when i turn the hot tap on it runs for a few seconds then stops.
if i try again a minute or so later it will do the same, obviously draining the water in the pipe but no more.

this happens on all three hot taps, cold is fine.
we have taken the pump out and checked, the heater has recently been put back in after a repair job on the hot outlet joint. and it was checked and things worked then but not now.

the van is a duetto 1997 and Ive sucked for England its not an air lock. Any other ideas before we just give up, hot water is a bit of a luxury anyway.
cheers
Liz

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
sounds like the repair was too good and theres a blockage in the boilers hot outlet.

if the cold runs well then theres nowt wrong with the pump.

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Dont know the system, is there possibly a one way valve and it gets stuck.

Or turn pump off and try putting a hosepipe on a tap and running water back into the sysyem, that should clear any air locks.

Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
isitfriday
Apr 17, 2010
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
hi top
Exp
17yrs
repaired carver water heater

just in case this helps anyone else. This is what we did in the end.

1. disconnected the hot outlet pipe and blasted water back down the pipe from the kitchen tap using a hose pipe from the house.
thereby flushing out any blockage.

2. disconnected the heater completely and rejoined the cold inlet and hot outlet together using a piece of old copper pipe, turned on taps and this worked, therefore once connected up again if it still didnt worked then that means its a blockage in the heater unit.

3. connected it all back together and it worked...............so it must have been a blockage but we dont know exactly where. Probablyfrom me putting too much sealent in the original connection to stop it from leaking in the first place.

thanks to those who helped :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back