Hot water and heating - help needed (1 Viewer)

Millie's Mum and Dad

Free Member
Aug 11, 2014
Funster No
MH
2008 Swift Bolero 630EW
Exp
Caravanning for 30 years, motorhome beginners
We're somewhere in the Fens in the Moho (Swift Bolero 2008 - 2007 build) and having problems getting the hot water to heat up while the heating is on. We're using the site electric. The hot water gets really hot when the dial's set to hot water only which is good - we know that bits ok. The heating works fine. The system is the standard one that a lot of you will have (pics attached). on the main panel I click the bottom lhs button so the green light comes on. Then the lh dial right down to the bottom and the right hand dial turned right up to the top (electric)
Could someone tell me what I'm doing wrong pls

Attachments

• IMG_3275.JPG
    IMG_3275.JPG
    163 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_3276.JPG
    IMG_3276.JPG
    211.3 KB · Views: 56

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
Try going down one on the right hand control. You may not have enough electric to use the top setting.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
You say LH dial all the way down to the bottom but the pic looks like it's up to the top as well as the RH one.

Other than that, sorry we don't have that system.

Martin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Millie's Mum and Dad

Millie's Mum and Dad

Free Member
Aug 11, 2014
Funster No
MH
2008 Swift Bolero 630EW
Exp
Hi Martin. We'd just had showers so needed the hot water so I switched the heating off

OP
OP
Millie's Mum and Dad

Millie's Mum and Dad

Free Member
Aug 11, 2014
Funster No
MH
2008 Swift Bolero 630EW
Exp
Try going down one on the right hand control. You may not have enough electric to use the top setting.
That's a really good idea. I hadn't thought of that. Thanks

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
So.. on the pic you've posted ..it's set to electric only 60° water..
For heating and water the left dial needs to be at the bottom ..as stated.
When you say the heating works fine ... really? Normaly the heating on electric only is rubbish
Tbh if you want hot water quicker along with heating you need to use gas and electric .. both dials to bottom... then once everything's how you want it.. revert to electric again.

Ksagic

Free Member
Feb 21, 2015
Warrington
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance 890i
Exp
We used to have the same system on our Autotrail. The setting you are using on EHU will not draw enough power [6-10 amp]to sufficiently heat the water and heating at the same time, in fact on some sites when I mistakenly used that setting it used to trip the CB. I used the setting one down for electric but if you need extra hot water etc then use both the gas/electric selection.

OP
OP
Millie's Mum and Dad

Millie's Mum and Dad

Free Member
Aug 11, 2014
Funster No
MH
2008 Swift Bolero 630EW
Exp
Tbh if you want hot water quicker along with heating you need to use gas and electric .. both dials to bottom... then once everything's how you want it.. revert to electric again.
It's silly I know but when we're on electric we never really think of using our gas. I'll give that a try too.
Going back to the main panel for a mo, when do you use the lhs button above? The vertical wavy lines? Cos the bottom one seems to do both heating and water

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
It's silly I know but when we're on electric we never really think of using our gas. I'll give that a try too.
Going back to the main panel for a mo, when do you use the lhs button above? The vertical wavy lines? Cos the bottom one seems to do both heating and water
Your main panel is different to ours.. they obviously vary by van.. buy on the left.. top one switches your water pump on.. bottom one supplies power to heating .. Inc hot water.
The setting on the two small dials are how to control your heating . Right one is for power sources .. left one is for heating and or water.

OP
OP
Millie's Mum and Dad

Millie's Mum and Dad

Free Member
Aug 11, 2014
Funster No
MH
2008 Swift Bolero 630EW
Exp