hose ? (1 Viewer)

Nov 21, 2011
Rugeley
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Savanah
Exp
Since 2009
We always use an x-hose and always drink from the tank BUT I always drain after every trip and sterilise a couple of times a year, have been doing this for years and never had a problem. Like most things on here each to there own.

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
What is the point of a food grade hose when some a****ole has just cleaned out the cassette on his van with the tap you are filling from.

ianandkath

Free Member
Jun 4, 2015
spain/uk
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
2 years
i use a garden hose to fill the tank, takes about 30 mins to fill.we do drink from the tank but the drinking water tap has a filter to remove anything.
so i hope that is fine with jim:):)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp

I need to buy a new hose for filling the fresh water tank.
Do you use food grade or just the normal hose pipe.
I have used both as we only drink bottled water,not sure whether it is worth paying extra for a food grade.
It's like one of those questions "how longs a piece of string"

Just get what you want, it's that simple.

Me, I use this:

Or on a roll:

They're hardly expensive. If you've spent £1000's on a motorhome with a freshwater system, put in it what you like. I personally don't like the idea of a normal garden hose. Hate the thought that tiny bits might be filling my tank and, worse still, possibly going through my water pump and that's one thing I don't want :(

Also I like how the roll flat hoses take up a lot smaller space for storage :)

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
I have one of those hoses that get an erection when you want it and turn on the pressure, it starts of small and just grows and grows, getting longer and fatter as the pressure builds up. It takes so little room when empty and does not tie itself in knots.Easy to deal with. However I do suggest whatever you do for a hose, get a NEW one not secondhand from the shed.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back