Hose pipes

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Zepp, Aug 4, 2010.

1. Zepp

Zepp Funster

I have just been told by the owner of the CL we are staying on that she got a letter saying all hose pipes have to be removed to stop contamination.

I’m guessing this is to do with another post I was reading on another site about the motorhome fresh water point hose being used to unblock a loo in the toilet block by a member of the staff .

We always use our own hose after seeing a hose being used to clean a chemical loo once.

Paul & Lynne

2. Dodgey

Dodgey Funster

Using our own hose, yup, wouldn't touch, except to remove a site one and frankley our own fitting too:thumb:

Probably over paranoid, but keeps me happy:BigGrin:

3. Ralph-n-Bev

Ralph-n-Bev Funster

When Ralph did a job up in Northumberland early on in the year, all the tap ends were sawn off on the site he was staying at .
    There wasn't even the screw bit on.
    When he asked why , he was given the same reason, cross contamination. We never use the hose provided , yuk , for obvious reasons.
    But trying to get your hose to fit , even with the various size attachments , when theres no end on was a bit of a bind!
    He managed to do it though. with a bit of imagination and his bits n bobs.

I'm always surprised to see people driving as close as poss to the tap and just shoving the fields hose into their MH, even complaining its not long enough:Rofl1:
    Ive seen dogs cock their legs on them before now:Eeek:
    Bev

4. dellwood33

dellwood33 Read Only Funster

"Ive seen dogs cock their legs on them before now":Eeek:

You should keep your dogs under better control Bev :BigGrin:

5. sedge

sedge Funster

On an aire we use regularly (Berck dur Mer, not the one by the lighthouse, the other end, down by the beach) they've changed the tap to a push button one, which is much 'fatter' than a normal tap and we hadn't got a connector to fit the last time we were there.

We therefore had to refill our fresh water tank using a clean bucket and the "flexible neck" funnel I always said would come in useful !

6. Douglas

Douglas Read Only Funster

We always use our own hose plus I always wipe the outlet tap with a cloth that has bleach on it, I have seen cassettes shoved over a drinking tap too many times.

Doug...

7. Zepp

Zepp Funster

We were on a aire in France the higher tap was for drinking water the lower tap was for washing the chemical loo .

We watch a French jogger stop and put is mouth around the lower tap to take a drink.

Paul & Lynne

8. Douglas

Douglas Read Only Funster

He probably had the next couple of days off work!!!!

Doug...