Hose Pipe (1 Viewer)

Jan 23, 2016
Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 660SP
Exp
25 years
Do you carry a length of hosepipe and an assortment of fittings with you?

I ask because I needed to fill my water tank whilst on a 'farmer's field' type of campsite, all of the facilities were there including a lot of standpipes around the field. However only one had a length of hose fitted and therefore the only one I could use.

It occured to me that my own hosepipe would have been very useful.

Hymie

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2013
Essex
Funster No
MH
Classic Hymer B564
Exp
Since 1981
I've only got a titchy one, (van that is, stop sniggering at the back ) so we carry a 50' fold flat hose that fits back in the box every time.

I also carry a 25 litre plastic jerry can type thing, which sits in the wardrobe half full, I can lift the cushions on one of the seats and pour straight into the 100ltr tank.

I also carry one of those very useful little fold up trolley to lute jerry to a tap when on a site for extended periods. (Also useful for lugging the poo pot any distance as well.)

I hate topping up at every site so if I need the jerry then it's time to fill the tank, and if I can't get the full whack into the tank the excess goes to top up the jerry.

As the current wife insists on bottled water for drinking so if the tap or Bourne is inaccessible for the van I have used one of the 5th containers in an emergency.

On board tank is only used for washing up/shower/toilet flush.

Hymie.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
True, do not assume the provision of a hose at the waterhole, nor an appropriate type of connector. You could use a watering can rather than a hose, although I'm not aware of a "food grade" variety. If you're not going to drink it without boiling or filtering, the need for that consideration will be irrelevant anyway.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
I have 2 lay flat hoses 15 & 20 metres plus connectors to fit taps and join the 2 hoses together , a 10 ltr watering can comes very useful indeed as well

Upvote 0

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
We carry 120m of of hose. The 20m blue flat, foodgrade hose is most often used but the extra 100m gets a roll out enough times to warrant carrying it :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back