Horrid Weather Forecast for Portugal! (1 Viewer)

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
After months of meticulous planning, well OK, the detailed plan was to drive off the ferry in Santander next Monday turn right and follow the northern coast then turn left and drive south through Portugal until hitting the sea again, is looking like a bad plan.

The problem seems to be a massive low off the coast of Portugal which is dumping rain all over the country and big chunks of western Spain next week.

New plan needed. Probably turn left now and follow the Pyrenees down to the Mediterranean. Good job we haven't booked anywhere!

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
I was planning the same for Oct 3 rd...hope it changes by then...BUSBY:):):)

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Your long term weather forcast appears to differ from mine!

Screenshot_2014-09-12-01-59-55_zps407b98d4.png

JJ :cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Southern Portugal looks fine it is further north where it is going to be damp, although staying warm. Here is the forecast for Lisbon : Broken Link Removed

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Oh no...that means the grass will be growing in Portugal :doh:. Sorry JJ.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Its been too hot for the past couple of days, they have said showers but not seen any yet, but then it would not be Portugal without rain. :ROFLMAO:
Still heading your way JJ. (y) Bob.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Started working on Plan B today, the Wet Weather Programme. Now turning left* at Santander and heading past Bilbao, down the Pyrenees and hitting the sea at l'Escala on the Gulf of Roses, which sounds nice.
In the Pyrenees we are planning to stop at Camping Zuriza at the head of the Anso Valley which I found by accident when cycling in the area this June then off to Broto for a visit to the Ordesa National Park, which I have visited a few times before but Mary hasn't. Spectacular scenery for those who don't know it.
After this the aim is to head towards Granada and the Alpujarra mountains. Just need to work out a route to get there avoiding the coastal strip.

What was interesting was finding out how few Spanish campsites take dogs, I could find only one near Santander and how few aires there are in the Pyrenees though I guess there will be places to wild camp. However, the Spanish are quite keen on lots of barbed wire and this will be the hunting season so bullets will be zipping through the forests! Been moved on before by hunters for being in the firing range.

*OK, to get anywhere from Santander you have to turn left, as despite being on the north coast of Spain it faces south!

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back