Hope this isn't a Funster!

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Bernie P, Dec 30, 2015.

1. Bernie P

Bernie P Funster

2. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

Well it aint me.. but I can understand how this happens
    There is a massive jam.
    The vehicles in front of you take the turning.. You watch for a while and more and more vehicle so the same thing
    So you follow them !
    Far from anywhere near the right thing to do, merely saying how it happens ( having been present during an interview several years ago when something identical happened .. that was the reason several drivers gave )

3. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

We had similar idiots doing the same on the A19/A174 a few months ago.

4. Bertie Bassett

Bertie Bassett Read Only Funster

Not enough Traffic Police period! Not enough Traffic Police where they should be, in amongst the traffic.

5. rosalan

rosalan Funster

Assuming that the delay from the accident will be extensive, why could the police not organise this to be a temporary exit? I assume that anyone joining the motorway at this point, will be adding to the chaos and the entrance should be closed.
    Alan

6. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

Is that assumption correct though? In the case in this area it wasn't an extensive delay, just annoying.

7. DuxDeluxe

DuxDeluxe Funster Life Member

They frequently do that if it is an extensive delay. has happened to me twice on the A12. Police close the entrance and turn the vehicles around one by one to go up the road

8. KeithChesterfield

KeithChesterfield Funster

Funster or not – well done that Motorhome driver.

A bit of common sense used to avoid a possible long delay.

Sounds like an outraged Daily Fail story with nothing better to fill the pages before using the paper to wrap chips in.

This is the French response to an accident in front of them on a dual carriageway Motorway – turn round and go back the way you came – and not a Gendarme in sight ......

Accident France 1.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  9. gus-lopez

gus-lopez Funster

Even when they have junctions specifically modified for the purpose of turning around traffic & taking them off they don't use them. Far easier to stop the vehicles entering from the slip road & just leave the other poor saps to wait.
    I ended up stopped this year at J2 of the M2. A junction built to take the traffic off in wrong direction. I was one of the last vehicles that obviously went past J· before the motorway was shut. Stopped at 10.50 am & told it would be 2.30pm !! The one car that did reverse down the on slip was booked & sent back by the police vehicle there. No attempt was made to take the traffic off & on to the A2.
    When the vehicles started moving in the distance around 1pm & we were obviously going to be on our way they opened the slip road on & vehicles started pouring up 3&4 abreast ( Yes it's that wide to allow turning artics ! so why not use it ) on to a stopped motorway !! They were even stupid enough to come on with them & wondered why they were surrounded & abused. Yes ,the order probably did come from higher Up but a quick look to see that we'd started moving /gone would have helped diffuse the situation.

So it's an utter waste of time even when they have them.They'll always take the lazy way out.
    Before anyone says that maybe the alternates were busy/blocked etc; they weren't . I walked down there twice . Dog enjoyed it.
    Oh & p.s. the problem was falling illegal criminals yet again.

Well tell 'em to do it in Kent please.:)

• Like Like x 1