Hook up cable. Orange or blue ? (1 Viewer)

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
I have read on a caravan site that blue arctic cable is also suitable for use for a hook up, with the added benefit of being easy to coil even at low temperature hence its name. My question is this, is the cable as well sheathed as the orange ?

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
Blue arctic stuff, it's as well sheathed if not more than the orange, it's good stuff, comes in yellow too which I believe is designed for even colder temps than the blue.

Upvote 0

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
Is the orange not just a safety feature, to stop numpties from tripping over it :RollEyes:::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Is the orange not just a safety feature, to stop numpties from tripping over it :RollEyes:::bigsmile:

or cutting with the hedge trimmers :Doh:

as a point of interest , the CC recommend orange .. but who takes notice of any of their rules but using blue it does give the Warders something else to moan about .. one had a go at me for using black.. :RollEyes: l

Upvote 0

ArenqueRojo

Free Member
Nov 10, 2008
Anywhere in Europe, so fa
Funster No
MH
A-class
Exp
13 years
Blue "arctic" has more but thinner strands than the others. Rated the same electrically but is "softer" to bend and therefore easier to coil up. Also less prone to cracking the strands because they are thinner and therefore more malleable.
Patrick

Upvote 0
Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Blue , Yellow , Orange? What ever colour co-ordinates with your Eye Shadow !

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
or cutting with the hedge trimmers :Doh:

as a point of interest , the CC recommend orange .. but who takes notice of any of their rules but using blue it does give the Warders something else to moan about .. one had a go at me for using black.. :RollEyes: l

they'd have a fit with my 10mtr 50amp black h/u cable then...as you know they're as thick as yer finger too. :ROFLMAO:

but theres nowt i can do as its hardwired to the rv's converter box :Doh: (well there is but i cant be bothered changing it)

Upvote 0

harryoxford2

Free Member
Sep 14, 2010
Bishops Stortford Herts
Funster No
MH
B
Exp
2010 and camper all my life

Sorry Dellwood, I missed what you said..something about orange being a safety feature to stop nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn aaaaarrgggggghhhhhh......................................................................................ouch

Upvote 0

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
to stop idiots tripping over it in the dark

Sorry Dellwood, I missed what you said..something about orange being a safety feature to stop nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn aaaaarrgggggghhhhhh......................................................................................ouch

Orange was recommended to stop people tripping over the blue cable in the dark.

Bob:Eeek:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back