Home storage (1 Viewer)

Jan 31, 2016
Halifax
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 9097F
Exp
June 2016
We are thinking of storing our MH in our parents front garden.
There is a lawn at the side of the driveway so my plan was to remove the lawn and gravel it as I don't want to park directly on grass.. Hire a Vibrating plate to level the gravel. However I still have concerns of sinking.
I came across this idea on ebay - ecodeck gravel grids

Yes seems expensive as I have about 25 sqm to cover. But seems like a good idea as would hold the weight and at the same time allow drainage.

Has anyone used these grids before? or can anyone offer an alternative?

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Yes the grid will take the weight but there's nothing to stop it sinking into the surface under that weight.

If you want to use it you still need to prep the surface its going to sit on. In that it's not really any different from using gravel.

Jun 1, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
On and off since 1990
I have these grids for my drive with gravel. I did prep the area using hard core and some serious bashing (I'm very technical you know!). The advantage of using these over gravel alone is that (particularly on a sloped drive)you do not slip in the gravel when maneuvering.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Jagtazman
Jan 31, 2016
Halifax
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 9097F
Exp
June 2016
Check out the insurance implications of storing it at a different address that isn't a storage site.
Yup On it but parents only around corner and will be alarmed and immobilised with non starter etc
Should not make much difference as stored at family not like just leaving on a street

OP
OP
Jagtazman
Jan 31, 2016
Halifax
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 9097F
Exp
June 2016
Yes, I think that I'd be alarmed too
Indeed also looking at going to vanblitz to get a non starter fitting.

Went around to parents last night to remember measure alarm and wwill fit down driveway no need disturb grass. What a result!

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
We made a drive using similar material for our RV which is just under 7.5tonnes. Loren is a garden designer so a bit techie and made sure the base was done right. 18 inches dug out, filled with 30mm to dust limestone compacted to within an inch of its life! Tonne bag of sand on top spread out evenly and re compacted. Lay the grid on top and fastened together so no slipping then filled with the gravel. No movement, no sinking and a great drive for the RV. We also installed an outside socket at the same time.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back