Home made Muffins (1 Viewer)

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Following on from the 'home made bread' thread I have been looking into what I can make on a two ring hob and and no oven. Here is a photo of the muffins I made for breakfast this morning. They were quick and easy to make (took a little longer than I intended :Blush:)

Split and toasted with a poached egg on top and a slice of bacon on the side...........yummy ::bigsmile:

This photo is just as they were finishing cooking:

B]

Nethernut

Free Member
Apr 25, 2011
NE Scotland
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
They look rather good and ideal for MH - will you share the recipe?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Muffin Recipe as requested

I based this on one in a book I have......

This will make 4 muffins:

250g strong white bread flour
1 teaspoon Fast Action dries yeast
1 teaspoon fine salt
160ml water
1 teaspoon sunflower oil

For teaspoon I use the 'standard measure' plastic scoops that most people have in the kitchen.

Mix the flour, yeast, salt and water in a bowl to form a sticky dough. Then add the sunflower oil, mix it in, then turn out the dough on to a clean surface and knead until smooth and silky feeling.

Shape the dough into a round, coat with a minimal amount of oil, cover with a plastic bag or cling film and leave in a warm place to rise until doubled in size.

Turn out the dough on to the work surface and press all over to deflate. Cut in to 4 pieces, shape each into a round then flatten to about 1 cm to 2 cm thick. Dust with semolina flour (if you have some otherwise don't worry) and leave to prove on a linen cloth covered with plastic until doubled (ish) in size.

Heat a large fry pan over a medium heat, place the muffins in the pan and cook for a minute then turn them over carefully and cook for another minute. Repeat this for about 10 minutes, if they colour too fast reduce the heat.

Turn out on to a cooling rack and leave to cool

I think they are best split and toasted but do as you wish ::bigsmile:

Enjoy ::bigsmile:

P.S I really do recommend the River Cottage Handbook No 3 on Bread :thumb:

Last edited by a moderator:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread