Home made bread.. (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Nothing but nothing beats the taste of freshly baked bread.. I've been making it for some years.. then grew a bit lazy and bought a bread machine..

Had a Pansonic for about three years and don't get me wrong, it makes great bread but when compared to hand made ..it's not in the same league..

Hand made are really easy.. and quicker than using the machine..

anyways.. thought I would show off some I have just taken from the oven .. big soft rolls dusted with flour, still hot and they smell... .. mmmm..

so who else makes bread.. ?

some more here .. https://plus.google.com/photos/110095592205434628312/albums/5843708905191177841

Last edited:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Our Panasonic get's used every other day, the bread is superb. We make rolls but mostly use the breadmaker on the dough setting, then kneed, shape and bake. Nothing like a kitchen full of the smells of bread baking:thumb:

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Mmmm... I can smell those from here ::bigsmile:

I make bread most days either in the bread machine from start to finish or use the machine to make the dough and then finish it in the oven.

Our favourite has to be sundried tomato and black olive flat bread, drizzled with olive oil and sprinkled with sea salt.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Mmmm... I can smell those from here ::bigsmile:

I make bread most days either in the bread machine from start to finish or use the machine to make the dough and then finish it in the oven.

Our favourite has to be [HI]sundried tomato and black olive flat bread, drizzled with olive oil and sprinkled with sea salt.[/HI]

want some NOW :Eeek: please:Blush:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
we have an all in one bread maker lurking in the back of a cupboard somewhere.

throw in the ingredients then it mixes, kneads, proves and bakes the loaf.

then rip the loaf to bits trying to get the mixing blades out the bottom of the bread...

and that, my friends, is why its lurking in a cupboard....:Angry:

Last edited:
C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Ere Jim ! How spooky is that? I've just finished uploading a video to youtube about making homemade bread and when I went to put it on here I found your thread :whatthe::Smile:

So, here's mine.......

(perhaps we should have a bread making section of MHF ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wwZ3nkl2hU&noredirect=1"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wwZ3nkl2hU&noredirect=1[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
I also started with a breadmaker but now only use it when in a hurry or have all the mob for breakfast. I use the machine to bake a brioche for breakfast,set the timer and lovely warm sweet brioche is ready for brekky. I have also been on an artisan breadmaking course,run by a runner up in the recent Britain's best Bakery shown last year on ITV. I am especially pleased with sourdough.
I have been trying to reproduce the taste of a balm cake my mother used to buy. I have not been able to recreate it,I can only assume it was the flour or that they used the yeast from a nearby brewery. These bread rolls made the perfect cheese and tomato roll,and home baked ham and mustard rolls.
My wife's favourite is Beetroot bread,a white loaf with grated beetroot and chopped spring onion mixed in,it makes a superb Welsh rarebit.:thumb:

Jul 17, 2012
Bury St Edmunds
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
1 year on and loving it!
Used to make all my own bread by hand and was darn good at it too! Needless to say, ruined my skill at making pastry - totally different style of mixing! Used to by my flour in 20kg cotton sacks, as we lived out in the wilds about 2 and a half hours from civilisation.

Can't make bread any more - got a gluten intolerance and if there is one thing I love, it's fresh while bread rolls! :cry:

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
Well done Jim looks mouthwatering:thumb: What with the price of ready sliced nowadays i was only saying to the wife the other day about getting a breadmaker:Doh: I might even have a go at switching it on myself:winky:

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
Anyone think (as I do) that Chocks' voice over sounds like Alan Partridge? Bet that cost a fortune to get him to do that for you:winky:

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
We too use a Panasonic machine when we can be bothered but get fed up with the same old shaped loaf. Whether it's small, medium or large it just gets taller. And as pappajohn said you lose the middle bit to the blades.

Never got into using it just for dough but really must give it a try.

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
I make a Wholemeal loaf only
dont do white

Wm flour 80% some plain white(Local Mill)20%
but using Rapeseed oil instead of butter (local produce)
no salt Nutty taste of flour comes through better.

::bigsmile:

351.jpg

Roger

sampain

Free Member
Sep 1, 2012
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
I bake my own bread from scratch and have just made myself a ham sandwich for my lunch tomorrow with my crusty, soft, nutty multigrain loaf.
I use a mixture of strong white and either wholemeal or multigrain seeded flowers.
Use a mixer with a dough hook, but don't use a breadmaker.
I have even baked sponges and scones.
I never thought after half a century I would get into this, but my wife enjoyed her birthday Victoria sponge over the weekend, so she's not complaining.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I know Eddy makes bread and cake in his breadmaker and very good it is too. I just wonder which birthday Carol bought it for his present :winky:.
Only joking Carol :ROFLMAO:.

thehutchies

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
The Wheelèd Shed
Funster No
MH
Exp
I've hand-made my own bread for many years, when I get the time, and once you hit upon the ideal recipe through your own experimentation, you'll never buy anything as tasty.

Now the kids like to make their own pizza bases (sorry, Brian, I know there's no future in it - the Chinese orphans do it so much cheaper ::bigsmile: ) and they are branching out into stuffed crust, thin and crispy, gennaro bread and so on.

They will put all sorts of random toppings on (cheese, chocolate and peppers, anyone?) but still eat it all because anything tastes so much better when you've made it yourself.

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
I have just started a fortnight into it
used a couple of aldi ready mixed bread
To start with 2-3 goes all rose .

Had some yeast in the cupboard
which failed on my solo Own mix
Opened 9 months earlier ,out of code.

New yeast purchased tried at the weekend
Sorry cant show you the result I've eaten the evidence

Made a small loaf and 4 rolls today
It's bagged ready for tomorrow

Made it with goose fat and two teaspoons of suger
Mixed in warm water before adding
into the strong white flour and yeast
Rose a treat

Only problem is I keep getting a hard dry top
I'm thinking over cooking at to lower temp
Centre of oven gas 7
Tried olive oil rubbed over then flower
Water wash next !!
inside is moist though

:thumb::thumb::thumb:​

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Janine - I believe Rye bread is terribly solid if it's all rye (jaw ache!) and of course you can't use wholemeal anyway if you want gluten free.

Could try mixing rye flour with ground almonds, tends to need a bit more fat and def more liquid for anything baked using ground almonds as 'flour'.

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Gotta be honest here......when I tried making wholemeal bread by hand the results were an 'elf n safety' nightmare................probably at risk of needing dentures a few years early :Eeek:

Mind you, I've quite fancied learning how to build with bricks.....:winky:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back