Free Member
Jun 28, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Swift Bessacarr 454
Exp
30+ years
We have just returned from a nine week holiday in our motorhome to be informed by our insurance company that they will no longer insure us (house/contents) because we are away more than thirty days. For the last two years we have been away for two holidays and notified them accordingly with no problems or extra charges.
We are now having a problem to get insured (we have one quote of £976) we currently pay £500 because we have now been declined.
We were wondering if any other motorhomers are having the same problem and if so any recommendations for insurance companies that deal with our needs.
Worryingly, we are now uninsured and busy trying hard to find anyone who will insure us. (It was through the AA we were insured. Help!

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Morethan is 60 consecutive days (from memory) if that's long enough?

In respect of being declined I'm not really sure that you have been. What you have is a policy that no longer meets your requirements. Have AA said they would continue \ renew cover if you limit your trips to no more than 30 consecutive days? Can't see why they wouldn't so they wouldn't decline to insure you. You'd have to comply with these terms, of course, or replace with another policy with extended travel terms.

Only my thoughts though.

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2013
S. Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
The usual
Exp
Since the beginning
In the event of claim, how would they know how long the house has been unoccupied for ?
:mm:

OP
OP
Gloombusters

Gloombusters

Free Member
Jun 28, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Swift Bessacarr 454
Exp
30+ years
Thanks for all your replys. The problem now appears to be resolved.
My wife spoke to a broker this morning and after a very long winded information gathering phone call, he said he would phone back hopefully with some good news.
He did this and got us insured including our bikes for £500 as opposed to £976. What's truly amazing is that it's the same insurance company that wanted the £976!!
Insurance companies - what would you do with them!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
If only I had the courage, I would do without them. Have I ever been burgled or had my van stolen? Well yes I have, but only once.... I will stay insured.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back