Home Insurance - That Old Chestnut - Success! (1 Viewer)

Feb 13, 2013
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Rapido 881F
Exp
Since 2015
Hi,

I have been 'rooting' around for that old chestnut – appropriate house Insurance for being away in excess of 60 days. Thought I had nailed it with the Caravan Club but my requirement for bike cover in excess of £2000.00 ultimately became a deal breaker. This is being investigated by CC with their broker, so credit to then but it was a little frustrating! Enter Camping and Caravan Club (C&CC) as recommended by quite a few 'Fun' members. Policy sorted, no issue with bike cover competitive policy and amazing customer service from a lady called Andrea nothing was too much trouble.

We don't have the advantage of having relatives local to us so that removed many other options such as Admiral Premier, Intelligent Insurance wouldn't cover the bikes in Europe, Home protect had a list of endorsement as long as your arm. The C&CC policy doesn't have those limitations so I am now a member of the C&CC! For those of you that often ask the question 'which club' to join I'll give you a review next year and consider my options.

Before you ask I am a member of the CC because their Motorhome Insurance was not as restrictive as other policies particularly in terms of leaving the vehicle unattended which can be quite onerous on some policies (36 hours and notification required) which does not suit us and was competitive. I had hoped the CC Home Insurance would suit which is seemed it would until...the bikes! Hence the C&CC option.
Phew!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back