Home from Stratford - Thanks everyone (3 Viewers)

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
We arived home at 4.00pm, safe & sound. :Smile:
Thanks to all who made it a great week and a special thanks to Ash for getting the rear view camera fitted ready for my trip home - ::bigsmile:
Just time to get sorted & turned around ready for the Great Escape :Smile:

Did you reverse all the way home to Newcastle :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
What a great meet Stratford is, love it being a full week::bigsmile: get time to relax and socialize.

Still not met Sedge, lesleyjean and others i meant to:RollEyes:

Thanks to the Ringleader and Sian plus Admin and Suzy for all the effort they as usual put in as not easy being marshall on big events:thumb:

Highlight was Simon who nearly hotwired Bobs scooter:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Lynn ( Mrs Ash )

Free Member
Aug 16, 2010
(The Midlands) Nuneaton
Funster No
MH
A-Class Frankia 640 Exclu
Exp
9 yrs
Arrived home safely at 2.30 , finally relaxing now after cutting the grass doing the washing and sorting dinner ( a womans work is never done ):Smile:
A massive thankyou to Jim Sian Brian & Suzie for all your hard work :Smile:
Thanks to the girls for your hospitality while Steve was busy working & thanks to John for keeping us all watered with Pimms while we relaxed in the sun ( what would we have done without you ), it was lovely to catch up with old friends and meet new ones & looking forward to doing it all again real soon :thumb::thumb:

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Feeling flat

Well we have arrived home and have unpacked the m/h......now feeling quite flat :cry:.... after three weeks around Oxford & South Wales culminating with such a laid back sociable week at Stratford ( a brilliant venue).

It really was smashing to meet up with so many other Funsters and hope our paths will cross again very soon.

Many thanks to everyone involved in the organisation, particularly to Jim,Sian,Bryan & Suzy.:thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Please add my thanks too...

To Jim, Sian, Bryan and Suzy for the marshalling... Jock, Rita and Kath for sterling work in the bacon rolls' department and to all the Funsters there who made it a brilliant last (in the foreseeable future) UK meet for me...

Now am in layby near Elstree for tomorrow's meeting having done my trip supermarket shop (£114! And not a pie in sight)...

...then Channel Tunnel here I come...

JJ

PS... Cruise control fixed... Kindle fixed... Floor not quite fixed but getting there!

Lynn ( Mrs Ash )

Free Member
Aug 16, 2010
(The Midlands) Nuneaton
Funster No
MH
A-Class Frankia 640 Exclu
Exp
9 yrs

To Jim, Sian, Bryan and Suzy for the marshalling... Jock, Rita and Kath for sterling work in the bacon rolls' department and to all the Funsters there who made it a brilliant last (in the foreseeable future) UK meet for me...

Now am in layby near Elstree for tomorrow's meeting having done my trip supermarket shop (£114! And not a pie in sight)...

JJ

PS... Cruise control fixed... Kindle fixed... Floor not quite fixed but getting there!

Take care JJ we will all miss you :Sad:

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years

JJ

JJ had not the heart to wake you from your slumbers this morning when we left - all appeared closed up. I am sure the lure of a Funsters meet will get you back to the UK sometime - until that day your presence will be legend and sorely missed.

Elstree - are you doing a follow up of 'New Faces' ?? suppose that could be 'Old Faces' now :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Have a safe trip

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
Arrived safely in Glossop - Windy Harbour Campsite - first time back on home ground after our 7½ month trip to Spain and back

Great weekend with friends old and new - totally exhausted now and will probably sleep for a week!

Many thanks to Jim and Sian for their hard work and to Ash for all his efforts in our van! You want a job doing? Ash is your man!!:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
Must ask the question - Was Stratford the biggest Funster meet ever in the end - I know the initial list was over 40 units but new units seemed to be coming in all the time and I know we had people join from other clubs and move over to the Funster area and at the Raffle the two marquee's only held less than half the funsters. :ROFLMAO: wasn't too bad at all outside the sun was shining the company was good but could have done with a tannoy system to announce the winning numbers :Eeek: ( did I really want to win my awning back :Eeek::Eeek::ROFLMAO:) Raffle was a good idea maybe should be a regular feature .

Many thanks to all who organised everything - we had a great time but as I always say it is impossible to meet everyone or remember who they are at the next meet ( age is catching up on us :winky: well thats my excuse )

We are now parked up with Duncan ( star spangled spanner) for a service on the 5'er before going down to the 365 then onto Belvoir for the Great Escape and hope to meet many of you again there

whatta

Free Member
Aug 21, 2010
Scotland, but on the move
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2001
I'd like to add my thanks, endorsing all the positive comments on this thread.

Will Katie be kicking for England or Wales?

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Must ask the question - Was Stratford the biggest Funster meet ever in the end - I know the initial list was over 40 units but new units seemed to be coming in all the time and

Don't think so Lover, the Bring & Buy last year had 63 units, and I think Newark last year may of had more, never mind heating for the Marque, we need a bigger one now.

And I have now worked out the key to winning the raffle,

Sit inside, :winky:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Don't think so Lover, the Bring & Buy last year had 63 units, and I think Newark last year may of had more, never mind heating for the Marque, we need a bigger one now.

And I have now worked out the key to winning the raffle,

Sit inside, :winky:

Last March at Newark we have 75 vans:thumb:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Last March at Newark we have 75 vans:thumb:

God, what a saddo I am for actually knowing these things :Sad:

Wanted, one life :thumb:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Thanks to all for a great week at Stratford. I must admit when we arrived on Monday to torrential rain I did think what the hell am I doing in the middle of a field in this weather. Anyway Jim did put me at ease when he said that the forecast was for a heatwave. as some of you will now know we did pretty well with the raffle and I couldn't believe that we managed to win 6 prizes. Special thanks go to Gail who saved my morning bacon butty with the kind gift of bread.:thumb:
We did manage to get there and home without any assistance from ADAC which must have come as quite a surprise to many::bigsmile:.
Once again thanks for yet another great funster meet.

PPS, Thanks to Eddie for the gift of a great book,not often you can go to a motorhome meeting and someone gives you a book written by a close friend with the mention of family and friends unknowingly. You know what I meen Eddie and I cant thank you enough.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back