Holy Island (1 Viewer)

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
i'm sure that what this will cost the RNLI in time and money each time it happens, there must be a way to install automatic, timer controlled barriers both on the mainland and the island end of the causeway.
after all, its done in every town and village for street lighting with reasonable accurancy.

electric is already laid on via the underground cable feeding the island and as the tide times are a known factor it shouldnt be too difficult to set up.

if it saves one inconsiderate idiots life it would be money well spent....or would it ? :Angry:

DBSilverfox

Free Member
May 13, 2010
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Since May 2010
Just to clarify - although we are from Nottingham it was not us :RollEyes:

We tried to get in this weekend, but they were flooded with bookings apparently :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

spiritsfree

Free Member
Mar 12, 2010
Sandy, Beds.
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
We were there 4 weeks ago as first time visitors.....I have to say that if people can`t respect nature....and the obvious...... then I hope that the cost of this rescue will land firmly on these people`s lap.:Angry: .....and what a cost to the motorhome with sea water corrosion !! "Serves them right" for a total lack of respect and stupidity. The word "thick" springs to mind !! :ROFLMAO:

twooks

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
we used to visit quite often, how anyone can miss the signs has always been beyond me.
:Doh:
RNLI should leave them there and let them apply to a professional car recovery to tow them off and pay full cost plus premium mark-up for stupidity

was once flagged down by incoming car as we left - about 1 hour before deadline - asked me if I thought he'd be ok. :Doh:
Told him to look at tide tables in car park when he got there then come straight back - or earn to swim
don't think he was amused

plonkers or what :Eeek:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back