Holy Island of Lindisfarne (1 Viewer)

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Holidaying in area staying on a CL at Beal traveling across to Holy Island for the birding each day. Coming off island at 16.00hrs today (safe crossing till 20.00hrs) in a SW gale the wind was pushing sea back onto causeway making for an interesting drive coupled with sand effectively closing one side,
More entertaining was parking at pull in by the refuge and watching the idiots coming off island barrelling into the water at stupid speeds and being engulfed in spray.:Eeek:

Couple of dash cam photo's attached.

Attachments

• Causeway01.jpg
    Causeway01.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 102
  • Causeway02.jpg
    Causeway02.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 101

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
those would be the same idiots who could suck in a big gob full of water and kill their engine....leaving you to struggle past on the sand covered side of the road, with the possibility of going off tarmac and getting bogged in soft sand.

Mastercamper

Free Member
Dec 7, 2013
Northumberland Flag Flier
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
50 years campervanning
Awesome Northumberland.
Lovely pics from a dash cam.
Most weeks there are reports of strandings on the causeway. Why visit a super place like this and then take chances, especially with family in vehicle?
Don`t forget that the spray that engulfs the idiots is salt water. guaranteed to cause underbody corrosion.
But like the rest of Northumberland, Lindisfarne is a wonderful place to visit. :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2010
Central Scotland
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Always - off and on
We went on Thursday - now got a lot of salt to clean off the motorhome OH did drive responsibly. He did comment on the number of drivers who didn't know the width of their vehicles. The rain on the way home today helped to get rid of some of the salt!

OP
OP
Stewart J
Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
We went on Thursday - now got a lot of salt to clean off the motorhome OH did drive responsibly. He did comment on the number of drivers who didn't know the width of their vehicles. The rain on the way home today helped to get rid of some of the salt!

We were on the island Thursday and did see a Bessie in main car park guessing that must have been you guys. We were later parked on pull in just past stilted refuge on causeway and a Bessie passed us!:thumb:

Mastercamper

Free Member
Dec 7, 2013
Northumberland Flag Flier
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
50 years campervanning
Holidaying in area staying on a CL at Beal traveling across to Holy Island for the birding each day. Coming off island at 16.00hrs today (safe crossing till 20.00hrs) in a SW gale the wind was pushing sea back onto causeway making for an interesting drive coupled with sand effectively closing one side,
More entertaining was parking at pull in by the refuge and watching the idiots coming off island barrelling into the water at stupid speeds and being engulfed in spray.:Eeek:

[HI]Couple of dash cam photo's attached[/HI].

These are nice pictures.
What camera do you use, on your dash?
I am considering my options for installing a dash camera.
Thank you.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Stewart J
Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
These are nice pictures.
What camera do you use, on your dash?
I am considering my options for installing a dash camera.
Thank you.

Blackvue DR500GW HD, not cheap but well pleased also ordered extra mount and power lead so transfer between MH and car.

M

Madwife

Deleted User
As you can see from my avatar, The Holy Island is one of my favourite places. I passed it on Monday on the train just as the sun was coming up and wished I was in the car as would have stopped to take a photo or ten:ROFLMAO:

Kath

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back