Free Member
Jan 6, 2013
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2011
Hi does anyone have any suggestions on sites that are very close to the beach south bound and are dog friendly. Last year found it hard to find a good sit in the uk that was very close to the beach in walking distance.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi Andrew and welcome to fun.

I see you say south bound so assume your not thinking of Scotland, if you where then Dumfries and Galloway have some lovely beeches that you can walk the dog on. If this area is ok for you let me know and I can tell you where some nice beeches are.

OP
OP
A

Andrew1975

Free Member
Jan 6, 2013
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2011
Yes on occasion do travel that way suggestions would be great thanks. :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 21, 2011
Rugeley
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Savanah
Exp
Since 2009
I have found that ukcampsites.co.uk is an excellent search engine for finding sites that meet your needs, it is very comprehensive and allow you to set the parameters i.e. dogs allowed, close to beach and will then search for sites in your proffered area. It then gives a good description and often gives a link to the site's own website (if it has one) the thing I find most useful are the reviews by previous visitors which often give valuable snippets of info and can highlight any strenghts or weaknesses of the site.:Smile:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi Andrew
Tim is spot on with uk campsites.

We have a lovely site down at Powfoot about 12miles from Gretna so not to far from you and the beech goes on for miles. You can then go round the coast to Southerness and Sandyhills both have sites and both great beeches for walking the dog sandy hill is the nicer of the two.

You can then head round that coast where you will find a few villages thats have beeches and sites also Rockcliffe and Kippford.

If you go a bit further to Kirkcudbright you can stay at brighouse bay also a cl or cs there called rosshill i think both these sites have stunning walks and a secluded beech.

If your wanting more further west let me know all the ones above are about 1.40 to 2.30 hours from Newcastle.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back