Holiday weather

Discussion in 'UK Touring' started by golly, May 5, 2012.

1. golly

golly Funster

Started to put a few things in the van ready for our trip away next week to the Isle of Wight, New Forest and generally tootling about. Temperature outside this morning minus 0.5, is hail-stoning at the moment here, we were going to stop at Tewkesbury CC site on the way back, but it's closed because of flooding. Yes its the usual UK holiday weather, I hope it's a bit warmer down south, don't think I will pack the sun cream.

John

2. FIDGET

FIDGET Funster

Hi, I live on the I.o.Wight dont know if you've booked ferry yet, Wightlink do dream ticket for under 6 mtr m/h travelling between 10.30pm & 04.30am. also if booked in to a campsite for 4/5 days they include ferry cost , best site is whitefield forest campsite (in my opinion). any other info just ask.Terry (FIDGET):thumb:

3. FIDGET

FIDGET Funster

Hi sgain forgot to say £44 dream ticket for 2 peeps

4. golly

golly Funster

Hi Terry, I booked one of Red Funnel deals a few weeks ago return ferry and 5 nights site fees. The site we chose is the Whitefield forest site:BigGrin:, it looked the best one and seems to have decent public transport links. Never been before so any suggestions of places to see most welcome,

Cheers

John

5. Chris

Chris Funster Life Member

I am camping in Kent at the moment and it's pretty cold.

Not got above 9 degrees C all day so I wouldn't get excited about travelling South.:cry:

6. Chris

Chris Funster Life Member

Jim - can we lose that f'ing avatar please. - it is starting to do my head in:BigGrin:

7. golly

golly Funster

I had better pack the thermals then, we were away in March and had fantastic weather, can't second guess this climate:Sad:

8. FIDGET

FIDGET Funster

Hi John, Depends on what sort of things you want to do , and are you planning on using van while here or buses. Tesco is half mile walk from site nice walk using back lanes otherwise busy road no pavement. Culver down ignore 6ft 6 width restriction with van lovely place views north and south. fort victoria free parking short walk along sea wall into yarmouth. Alum bay £3 car park but nice walk up to needles battery also old rocket site ( Blue Knight) , cowes seafront.just a couple of suggestions loads more if I know what sort of thing you like. Terry :thumb:

9. golly

golly Funster

Thanks for that Terry, we will probably be using buses most of the time, seems to be a good bus service on the island. Will probably just potter around, do a couple of walks if my old knees hold out:Laughing: and generaly just get a feel of the island.