Holiday postponed due to weather.

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by scotjimland, Jul 14, 2012.

1. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

Today was the day we planned to head for Wales for a three week holiday .. but not with this weather, I've had enough of sitting on wet sites to last a lifetime.. hopefully we'll get away before the new school term starts in Sep. let's hope it improves before the onset of winter .:Sad:

Anyone else changed plans or cancelled due to weather ?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Chris

Chris Funster Life Member

It's a shame but I think it's the right decision Jim.

It has to improve at some point.

Maybe mid August?

Hope it does so you can get away:thumb:

3. old-mo

old-mo Funster Extra Special Life Member

One of the best shows we have been to... has been cancelled... :cry:

Held on an "Grass Runwayed Airfield"......... and the owners cannot for the safety of the light aircraft allow it to go ahead.. :Sad:

Bit of a bummer....:cry: but I can see their point... Safety of the light aircraft comes first.. :thumb:

It`s going to be an Indian Summer.... Trust me... :RollEyes::Wink::BigGrin:

4. scotjimland

thanks, we shall see.. but yes, hopefully in August.. :Smile:

5. scotjimland

it feels like that now... monsoon season

• Like Like x 1
  6. tonka

tonka Funster Life Member

I have just flew back (dont shout at me) from Benidorm where its been 30 degrees every day.. Only been here a day and already the rain is making me miserable :Sad: cant get in the garden, shows and rallies look 50/50 etc..

SO....
    Grandkids break up next Friday and by a week on Tuesday it's Dover Calais and back to Spain in the motorhome.. :thumb::Cool:

See you all in Sunny September ( fingers crossed)..

• Like Like x 1
  7. Chris

Chris Funster Life Member

It's a hard life:BigGrin:

8. tonka

tonka Funster Life Member

NO,,,, It's a lovely life..
    I did the hard bit years ago, always working, away from home, never really had time or money to spend with my wife and kids..
    So now were making the most of it.. :thumb::thumb:

:BigGrin::BigGrin::BigGrin::BigGrin::BigGrin:

• Like Like x 12
  9. Billy23

Billy23 Funster

I hope the weather changes in the UK and the sun comes out soon, I will be coming from Spain to tour England, would hate to change my plans.

Will it ever stop???????

10. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

Sorry you've had to postpone your trip.

I'm warming more and more to C&CC temporary holiday sites in that they give you the ability to move around without notice and it's usually possible to find something to do anywhere for a couple of days.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Wildman

Wildman Read Only Funster

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Weather , we seem to get it every day:Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Rayb182

Rayb182 Funster Life Member

You should have gone to your homeland, its been very warm up there with very few midges this year, in the 2 weeks we were there it only drizzled once.

• Like Like x 1
  13. scotjimland

Great thing hindsight ... :Laughing:

problem is the weather in Scotland is so hit and miss, two years ago we went up around the west coast camping and it rained nearly every day .. if I drove the same distance south .. say 600 miles I could be on the French south west coast around Mimizan .. another hundred or so miles we could be on the med coast of Spain.. it's no contest really .. I came to this conclusion many years ago
    This year we decided for several reasons, cost being one, to stay in the UK and visit Wales as it's been many years since we've visited and we like the Pembroke coast but ... frankly I think we might give it a miss this year, save the money and plan our main holiday for Europe next summer..

• Like Like x 1
  14. ShiftZZ

ShiftZZ Funster Life Member

What,? flies, malaria, cholera, rickshaws, men telephoning you called Nigel.

Sorry about your postponement Jim, you never can tell.

Next time you hear a news reader use these words "Hosepipe ban" SHOOT HIM/HER

Last edited: Jul 14, 2012
    • Like Like x 4
  15. Chas17

Chas17 Funster

UK weather is bound to improve from Monday because we set off for Norway.

16. alan

alan Funster

weather

After the mud bath of Peterborough we decided not to book any more shows and just turn up if the weather forecast is good, hence no motor home shows this year yet.:cry:

We had a couple of weeks on temporary holiday sites in Hampshire and thats been our lot,
    [we are fine weather campers] so if it dos'nt improve in august we'l be heading back to spain
    and damn the Indian Summer that Mo has promised
    Alan:thumb:

17. alan

alan Funster

weather

After the mud bath of Peterborough we decided not to book any more shows and just turn up if the weather forecast was good, hence we hav'nt been to any motorhome shows yet.:cry:

We had a couple of weeks in Hampshire on temporary holiday sites and thats been our lot,
    [we are fine weather campers] so if the weather dos'nt improve in august we'l be heading back to Spain a month early and not relying on Old Mo's prediction for an Indian summer.
    Alan:thumb:

18. Richard W

Richard W Read Only Funster

The Weather

I tend to be a bit of a nerd about weather, but that’s partly due to flying as [STRIKE]a hobby[/STRIKE] an obsession and a former career at sea. According to this website* things should improve next weekend as a high-pressure area becomes established. Please note, this is a general weather forecast site and not exclusively flying stuff.

So far he seems to have been reasonably accurate, with the caveat that the accuracy decreases the further in to the future you predict. The forecast is updated every couple of days, so those with the flexibility to depart when they please may be able to use the information.

This year’s flying trip to France was abandoned in favour of Motorhoming around La Rochelle and the Cantal Region. At least the weather was tolerable…

* Weatherweb TV - Simon Keeling
    http://www.weatherweb.net/wxwebtv2.php

• Like Like x 2
  19. MHVirgins

MHVirgins

Jim, sorry to hear that you've had to cancel your hols due to bad weather.

Maybe you should come "north" of the border, it's been another fantastic day up in D & G, lovely, warm and sunny, even a lovely little breeze to keep the midges away when they come out in the evening:thumb:

It has been lovely up here for the past couple of days, Bill got sunburnt the other day whilst cutting the grass:Doh:
    Margaret & Bill

20. MHVirgins

MHVirgins

Would agree with that, we've had super weather near Gatehouse over the past few weeks, only a couple of days heavy drizzle in about a month. Weeding done, grass cut, mh washed, got sunburnt the other day:Doh:
    The central belt of Scotland was being flooded and we escaped it all in our little favoured corner of Kirkcudbrightshire:Wink:

Not only that, but we had great weather when everyone else was being washed out all over other parts of the UK, especially south of the border. So don't let anyone tell you that the weather is always wet and cold in Scotland during the summer, because it's not:thumb:

The midges are only a problem when the wind drops, I think the clegs are a bigger problem for us:cry:
    Bill:BigGrin: