Jan 20, 2012
Brisbane Australia
Funster No
MH
C Class Bailey 745 SE
Exp
Newbie to U.K. Extensive in Oz.
Hello all

I am going back to OZ for six weeks and I will be leaving the MH in storage ( not undercover). I will be leaving on the 13th of Feb and returning six weeks later. I have 160 watt solar for the habitation batteries but am a little worried about the cab battery. Will probably get a solar trickle charger but not too sure if this is the way to go. Any ideas? Would like advice on if I should fully winterize the van or not as I will only be away for 6 weeks.

Hope to see you when we come back.:cry:

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Hello all

I am going back to OZ for six weeks and I will be leaving the MH in storage ( not undercover). I will be leaving on the 13th of Feb and returning six weeks later. I have 160 watt solar for the habitation batteries but am a little worried about the cab battery. Will probably get a solar trickle charger but not too sure if this is the way to go. Any ideas? Would like advice on if I should fully winterize the van or not as I will only be away for 6 weeks.

drane down your water heter and diconect the batterrys and you should be fine:thumb:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hello all

Have a safe journey and a great time ::bigsmile: Have you time to get a battery master fitted? That would sort out your problem. Ditto the answers about draining down completely and make sure there are no foodstuffs left in there (tins are OK) just not mice nibbles :ROFLMAO:
Jane, Bob and Izzy :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

gozomike

Funster Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 16, 2010
Warwickshire - sometimes - but not often
Funster No
MH
Wildax Constellation
Exp
Since August 2008
Hi

As has been said a total drain down would be advised, it is quite likely there will be more frosts whilst you are away.

For the battery how about Link Removed which will allow you to keep the battery connected and thus the alarm working.

Have a good holiday. I hope to meet you again later in the year.

Mike

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back