Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
Was taking the Autotrail in for an MOT and its annual service on Monday
I was just about to turn left into the Garage when the front wheel hit a pot hole.....and it was a bigg'un.

The front of the radio popped off I nearly lost my grip in the steering wheel
and there a big crash from behind me in the van.

I pulled into the garage and discovered that a wardrobe door had fallen to bits
and was on the floor.

The main part of each door is a curved smoked Perspex panel.........and it was badly scratched.............the wood was undamaged but in bits.

Autotrail said they didn't have any of these doors (2009 ) as the maker no longer exists.

A form for a claim is on its way from east sussex county council having reported the hole.( it could kill a motorcyclist.) But what can I claim for if I'm repairing it myself ?...not to worry I probably wont bother.

In the meantime........You tube gave me some insights to taking scratches out of Perspex............which I am doing today....then I will re glue the door and re fit it ...when its done it should be as good as new.

Just keep and eye open for those pot holes !!!!!!

barry

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
We both commented in Spain, the roads were so much better than England.

This is not the time when you can relax and enjoy the views on a bike, far too much time is needed looking for those holes.

The added spice round here is poorly glued chippings all nice and loose which makes biking a dirt tracking experience.

OP
OP
B

beachcaster

Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
Should have come to us, we got no potholes:cry::cry::cry:

Peter

Peter I do use you :) for habitation and anything to do with the motorhome :)
and all the other bits too.

its just that my local fiat people are just a couple of miles away in Cowbeech..so they do the mechanical stuff..........

barry :)

All the scratches are now polished out and the perspex is buffed to its former glory..just got to re fix the door

Aug 4, 2009
Saltdean, Brighton
Funster No
MH
Campervan
Exp
22 years
John's Cross . . . No Potholes

You may have no potholes at John's Cross Peter but my wife tripped on the badly worn security post holes in the car park two weeks ago and sustained a hairline fracture of her left hand and torn ligaments!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back