Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
image.jpg

Horrified to find this today over our breakfast! No idea how it happened unless I put down our Dutch oven a bit heavy handed..... Any idea about cost anyone ? Not so much for us but for when we sell it....

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Would it be possible to lift the pieces up and squeeze some glue underneath

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Fill the hole with resin.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Fill the hole with resin.
That's a great idea
Araldite or similar epoxy resin can be found in many DIY stores (in the adhesive aisle)
It will also prevent moisture getting under the laminate table top.
It's also a neutral colour, so should blend in quite well

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
If you check on e bay there are laminate top repair kits that are available -they can be colour matched to the laminate type also. They are basically epoxy resin mixed with powders to match the top . Most motorhome dealer workshops also use them for similsr repairs-hardly noticeable when repaired-example below

Unika ColorFill Worktop Joint Sealer Compound Laminate Repair, Various Colours

Link Removed

Last edited:

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
I used Colorfill worktop sealer too. It was not possible to get a perfect match as my table has a blue/black marble effect, but at least the hole is sealed. It took a few attempts because the filler tends to settle in a shallow dip.

Use this colour selector wizard to decide which colour you need - choose the base colour first then it opens a wide palette of varieties. Don't forget to buy solvent as well to remove any over-fill.
http://www.colorfill.co.uk/wizard.php

Last edited:

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
I had similar problem when Britstops book fell from locker :xangry: ....
After lots of thought on various possible repairs I called a guy trading as "Surface Renew" in Kent who came out to us on a cl and made a fantastic job.
He arrived at the site at agreed time and spent 11/2 hours and made a fantastic job for £150:xThumb:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Yup.. Worktop Colourfill was used to do an almost identical repair to one of the Miller tables ( it had two ) after something fell out an overhead locker..
Again, not a perfect match but close enough that no one ever noticed the fix

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
I had a 1" crack on the worktop on our2014 Auto Sleeper, I super glued the crack. Then I filled with the coloured worktop filler and now I struggle to find where the crack was.

John.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Filling etc. probably works fine if your worktop is single coloured, but I've (I admit it was me) done the same (twice) and our worktop is patterned. Fortunately it's the small swinging table; the simplest way to repair it when I need to is another piece of matching Formica stuck over and edge-blended in.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
This is what I'd do:
  • carefully remove the pieces of the worktop and glue them to a piece of thin plastic (old credit card cut down is ideal) so they fit tightly together and put it to one side to set

• clean up the edges of the hold as necessary then pack/fill it is very slightly lower than the depth you need to allow for the thickness of the piece with the plastic backing and leave to set

• trim any excess rough edges off the the piece/backing when set

• in the hole put a small amount of the colour match filler on the bottom and on the sides but not too much otherwise you'll end up with loads to clean off but enough so that you bed the piece into it

• gently put the removed piece in the hole carefully pushing it down until it is level with the tabletop - rest the remainder of the cut down credit card on top of it and push on that so you don't inadvertently push it in too far

• if any of the filler has come out gently wipe it off being careful not to move the piece, alternatively leave it to set then scrape the excess off with the edge of the credit card (never knew credit cards could be so useful did you!).

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
I'd cut the hole right out, and another asymmetrical to it, and pop in two cup holders

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Hollow underneath I think. A honeycomb constuction.
Maybe a complete formica sheet bonded over the top.
Barrie.
Formica sheet glued on and routed around just as it was made plenty of glue and a large item squeezing it down FLAT.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back